Posted: Jan 10, 2019
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Were looking for the brightest engineering minds to solve the worlds most complex financial challenges. Join us in building and bettering the worlds smartest financial technology. Aladdin.Bringing together the best of a technology pioneer and a financial leader to offer engineers a truly unique place to make a difference. At the heart of BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world, is the Aladdin Product Group. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industrys thought leaders to build innovative and forward looking products that shape the financial markets. BlackRock Leverages BIGGER DATA. To deliver SMARTER MONEY. And drive MASSIVE IMPACT in the lives of millions of people around the globe.We are looking for Java Developers that will work on various critical components of our Aladdin System to create and deliver software, take ownership of projects from start to finish, and work independently or with a project team.Requirements
* 3 + years of Hands-on experience in Java
* Strong Object Oriented Development experience building distributed applications
* Experience in developing distributed software systems using NOSQL technologies such as Cassandra, HBase or Riak
* Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
* Experience in Scala or Python
* Experience with open source web technology such as JQuery, Hibernate, JBoss, AngularJS, ReactJS etc strongly preferred
* Big Data development is a plus (Hadoop, ZooKeeper, HDFS, Sqoop, Pig)
* Experience in streaming technologies like Spark Streaming and/or Storm
* Financial knowledge and interest
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.