DojoMojo: Jnr Full Stack Developer at DojoMojo (New York, NY) (New York, NY)
Posted: Jun 24, 2019
DojoMojo is a brand network and partnerships marketplace. We empower marketers of all sizes to connect and build sponsored content and giveaway campaigns to grow their audiences at a fraction of the cost of traditional paid channels. Our technology helps marketers save time by facilitating collaboration, removing friction from campaign planning and leveraging data-driven insights to recommend the most powerful partnerships to our customers.
With thousands of brands in the DojoMojo network, we’re trusted by brands like General Assembly, theSkimm, Conde Nast, and Hearst and have helped our customers add close to 200 million new potential readers and customers to their email lists.
DojoMojo is launching a new marketplace in 2019. We’re taking on an entirely new way for advertisers and publishers to work together, and leveraging scores of data points to ensure that every brand is working with partners who will turn their new audience into buyers and readers.
We are hiring a Junior Full Stack Developer who loves approaching new challenges and working across business functions to refine and implement features on the DojoMojo platform. You’ll quickly learn the code base and contribute towards production code early on. This is an opportunity for you to combine heads-down coding with establishing best practices and documentation while working collaboratively alongside other Developers, as well as our Product and Design teams. The ideal candidate is genuinely passionate about coding and excited at the idea of being able to take initiatives and make an impact.
- Design architecture of the DojoMojo platform, including building and maintaining scalable code that changes the way our audiences are reached
- Collaborate with our Product, Design and Customer Service teams to weigh in on scope, feasibility, design and implementation of new features
- Implement and follow best practices in software development, code versioning, software testing, and deployment
- Produce functional, technical, and user documentation that describe the specifications, data flows, and user interfaces
- Troubleshoot, debug and improve usability as well as upgrade existing systems
- Consistently work to become a better developer, such as researching new technologies and approaches to solve problems and improve existing systems
- 1-2 years experience web development experience, preferably within a fast-growing technology startup or SMB
- Experience building projects from start to finish in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Experience or understanding of how to work with large relational data stores
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate those into technical solutions and at the same time be able to communicate effectively with non-technical team members
- Strong collaboration skills; experience working cross-functionally with Product, Design and Customer Success teams
- A strong work ethic, with a hunger to learn and passion about building software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant education
Why You’ll Love this Job
The DojoMojo Team is a part of Innovation Department, an incubator building the next generation of startups. We work with smart, interesting people, and directly with entrepreneurs in our portfolio. If you love startups, and are keen to challenge yourself while working alongside amazing colleagues, we want to talk to you!
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need.
- We care about you. We offer a competitive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Summer Fridays from July 4th Weekend to Labor Day each year.
- Plan for the future. Take advantage of our 401k program.
- Competitive Parental Leave benefits.
- Commuter and FSA pre-tax benefits.
- You’ll love where you work. We have a bright and modern collaborative office space located in the heart of Soho, which we share with some of our exciting companies. We co-work with our portfolio companies and encourage cross-team learning.
- A vibrant and active culture including weekly catered lunches and breakfasts, happy hours, movie nights, sporting events, and a book club.
We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.