JR Graphic Designer (Contract)
Posted: May 12, 2022
CAREER OPPORTUNITY ? CANADA SNOWBOARD
JR Graphic Designer
Contract Position ? June 15, 2022 ? March 31, 2023 (Opportunity to be extended) | Remote Position
Note: Remuneration commensurate with experience and qualifications, and subject to our internal pay grade scale.
Canada Snowboard is the governing body for the sport of snowboarding in Canada, committed to excellence from grassroots to World Cups, World Championships, and the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. We also work with our members and other stakeholders to provide a wide range of programs and support services for all levels of snowboarding ability.
Mission: "To develop and lead competitive snowboarding in Canada".
Vision: "To be recognized as a world leading snowboard nation."
The architect of snowboarding opportunities for Canada's youth, from park to podium, we strive to be inclusive, creative and supportive, always looking to improve ourselves while honouring our cultural sport roots. We are a dynamic, values-based organization guiding an exhilarating sport.
To learn more about who we are, and we do, please visit: www.canadasnowboard.ca
Canada Snowboard is seeking a well-rounded JR Graphic Designer to work on a wide range of creative projects. This person will report to and collaborate with the Marketing & Graphic Design Specialist to execute design projects from concept to completion. The JR Graphic Designer will need to possess an understanding of how to translate briefs into amazing stories visually. Ideal candidate will have 1-3+ years of experience and must be creatively versatile, willing to work on production as well as concept development, and must be able to thrive in a team environment.
What you will do
- Support the Marketing & Graphic Design Specialist and team with the development of concepts, strategies, and presentations for new projects and integrated campaigns.
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions.
- Assist the Marketing & Graphic Design Specialist with overflow of work.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across teams and various departments as needed.
- Ensure brand identity and message consistency across multiple channels.
- Multi-task and produce exceptional work under tight deadlines.
- Maintain updated project schedule; track and manage projects under review.
- Update both Canada Snowboard and Major Event (Shred the North) websites.
What you will need
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a graphic design-related field.
- 1-3+ years of experience in graphic design.
- Is proficient in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. After Effects/motion design and Lightroom knowledge a plus.
- Possesses a positive attitude and collaborates well.
- Self-motivated and independent thinker with strong communication skills.
- Able to work cross functionally and own and drive projects forward.
- An understanding of the importance of brand visual consistency across multiple channels of communication.
- A good understanding of social media (Instagram and TikTok) and can conceptualize innovative ideas, content and strategies for those platforms.
- Website and Emailer (MailChimp) knowledge a plus.
- E-Commerce knowledge and experience a plus.
Who you are
- A curious, critical thinker and big ideas person who can be depended on for a unique perspective.
- Has a strong creative point of view and takes initiative to drive projects forward.
- Have a knack for strategy and copy, and is able to think past design alone. Can think big-picture.
- Able to communicate effectively and present ideas.
- Able to conceptualize ideas and how to bring them to life.
- Stay up on latest trends - inside and outside of our industry.
- Take initiative, be passionate about their work.
What we are looking for in your portfolio
- Demonstrate your creative versatility- showing a wide range of skills in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, After Effects a plus).
- Have examples of process from ideation to completion of a project.
- Have great examples of social campaign work.
- Demonstrate incredible attention to detail, accuracy and follow-up skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to stick to a style guide and design within a single visual style.
- Demonstrate ability to create a visual style guide.
The Application Process
If you are passionate about design and feel like you would be a great fit for our team please submit your cover letter outlining what you think are the top three reasons why you're an ideal candidate, along with your resume, link to your portfolio, references and salary expectations no later than Sunday, May 29th, 2022, to:
Samantha Scull, Marketing & Graphic Design Specialist, Canada Snowboard at [email protected]
Canada Snowboard is committed to employment equity, providing a welcoming and safe work environment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Financial support for this position is provided by Sport Canada and Canada Snowboard's discretionary revenue.