Junior Brand Designer
Posted: Jul 14, 2022
Paperless Post is seeking a talented graphic designer to join our dynamic brand team. Our ideal candidate will be central in shaping how Paperless Post communicates with over 100 million users worldwide, across all mediums. They will bring a passion for brand storytelling in digital channels, and will help maintain original marketing concepts and style guidelines.
As a key member of a small team, the Brand Designer is someone who approaches their work with a high taste level, enthusiasm for concepting and problem-solving, and strategic thinking. They have a discerning eye for detail and can execute on day-to-day deliverables, working collaboratively with other teams to create elevated, engaging, and cohesive visual brand experiences across multiple channels, including: our website, emails, social content, blog editorial content, and digital ads.
This role is a hybrid, working partially in our office in NYC so we are looking for a local candidate.
What you'll do here:
- Work with the Design Director and marketing team (designers, copywriters, marketers, and technologists) to concept new and creative ways to engage and communicate with our users.
- Evolve and adapt the Paperless Post brand system to a variety of audiences and touchpoints.
- Design digital materials that are unique, clear in their messages, and that reinforce the brand as a leader in design. Examples of deliverables that often group together as holistic campaigns: creative concepting and design exploration on everything from email layouts to in-house photo shoots, original creative for blog editorial content, collateral and assets for press and partner launches, and realizing the potential of our marketing creative (email, social, advertising, etc.).
- Contribute to all phases of creative production ? from concept to execution ? for multi-channel brand campaigns.
- 1-2 years experience working in branding, web and mobile a huge plus.
- A well-developed and sophisticated visual style. A strong portfolio with examples of brand storytelling and cross-channel marketing campaigns.
- Enthusiasm for typography and grid-enforced layouts.
- Experience working on marketing initiatives that tell a cohesive brand design story.
- An energetic and collaborative work ethic.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Fluency in Figma and Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, and experience with photo editing.
- Bonuses: Experience with Adobe After Effects a huge plus, good taste in photography.
A Little About the Team
The Paperless Post Marketing team is a dynamic group of creatives and marketers who shape how Paperless Post communicates with and reaches millions of users. As the keepers of the brand's verbal and visual voice, we collaborate with every team in the company?from marketers and technologists, to product designers and senior leadership
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn't supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post helped over 100 million people connect in the real world since our inception. Our product is global, and we are committed to being a company where everyone belongs. We encourage people from all backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities to apply! Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.