Confidential: Junior Developer at Confidential (Phoenix, AZ) (Phoenix, AZ)
Posted: Nov 9, 2019
Full Stack Web Developer (Remote/Telecommute in AZ, UT, or Northern NV)
Alternate job title: Junior Web Developer
Be part of a small team working on innovative software for a startup
We have an immediate need for a full-stack Web Developer to join our growing web development team, working in an Agile development environment, providing web solutions for the Department of Defense. In this role, you will write high quality code, perform code reviews, lead developers, and help shape the products we build and support for years to come.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a Phoenix based job with the ability to work 100% remote within for the right candidate. To quality you must reside in AZ, Utah, or Northern NV and be able to attend staff and customer meetings away from home as needed
What are we looking for?
- A fast learner who can get up-to-speed on current tooling, code-base, and CMS without a lot of hand holding;
- Someone who is excited about web development who can bring fresh ideas into a well established team with a ton of prior experience building websites, web services, and web applications;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor discussions to the correct audience;
- Ability to produce high quality code with limited QA resources and at the same time meet deadlines while handling multiple, competing priorities.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following other duties may be assigned:
- Take a product through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support.
- Implement all aspects of a web-based application design high performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, development environment configuration, and testing.
- Build web applications that interact with internal and external APIs
- Perform unit and system level testing on applications.
- Participate and collaborate with internal and external clients, technology partners, and IT team members on IT product development initiatives in support of the company's mission and strategies.
- 2+ years software development experience
- 2+ years with SQL based DB technologies including design and optimization of
- Experience creating and consuming web services JSON / XML
- Experience with REST API
- HTML / CSS / responsive design
- OWASP / Secure web design
- AWS / Azure
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
- A solid academic background; a degree in Computer Science or a closely related field is preferred but not necessary
Detailed understanding of the following:
- DEVOPS and Agile methodologies SCRUM, Iterative
- Amazon Web Services / Microsoft Azure
- Python / PHP / Angular/React*; focus on StormX API, StormX UI, StormX Pax App
- Secure authentication methodologies