Junior Graphic Designer
Posted: Jan 14, 2020
ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn't about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE's members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They're artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out?organising, mobilising, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives ? and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organisation and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Junior Designer will join the incredibly versatile and passionate global Brand team. They will work closely with the Global Marketing team to execute and collaborate on creative concepts and deliverables in support of ONE's mission. They will use their mastery of Adobe creative suite and their strong design eye to help create stand out work that pushes the brand forward. Their day-to-day work will include digital design, print, merchandising, and new media assets.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter with exceptional organization and prioritization skills. They should be comfortable with client and stakeholder interaction and eager to grow their conceptual thinking and digital marketing skills.
This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Design Manager and will be based in London.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Design captivating and compelling work that supports and drives ONE's messaging; resulting in increased supporter engagement and movement success in support of ONE's objectives.
- Utilize existing creative direction and deliver various types of design assets such as websites, social content, advertisements, emails, policy reports, merchandising, event materials and invitations.
- Collaborate with ONE colleagues internationally to ensure our global campaigns are reflective of the cultural/country specific environment.
- Produce day-to-day creative projects, adhering to production and internal deadlines and timelines.
- Demonstrate speed, efficiency and progressive design thinking, while remaining organized and communicative.
- Coordinate well with other teams; occasionally presenting work and managing schedules.
- Strike a balance between working autonomously and in collaboration with the design team.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in graphic design
- Experience designing web and mobile layouts that are thoughtful and work responsively
- Proficient in designing and preparing files for print production
- Working knowledge of all Adobe and Creative Suite tools
- Ability to create motion graphics and animation a plus
- Agency experience a plus
- Will to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- A genuine passion for design with a strong desire to achieve the best possible results
- Interest in the latest trends and news within Art & Design
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- General interest and dedication to the mission of ONE
Fluency in English required. Fluency in other languages such as French, German or Dutch is strongly desirable.
Travel up to 10% domestically or internationally.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs (http://www.one.org/jobs).
ONE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please visit the Contact Us page on the web; www.one.org/us/about/contact/). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.