Lead Brand & Graphic Designer
Posted: Nov 7, 2019
Brick & Wonder is a membership community for highly accomplished professionals in the real estate and design industry. Our mission is to elevate the power of collaboration in Real Estate & Design among some of the industry's top practitioners. Our community is comprised of architects, interior designers, furniture designers, photographers, lawyers, real estate brokers and developers, investors and more.
We are looking for a talented generalist designer with a passion for real estate and design to help turn our mission from vision to reality, working across graphic, UX & UI, print and experience design. The designer will also be comfortable capturing, editing and publishing photo, video and audio content. The ideal candidate will be hungry to join a growing, design-led startup and help us build an empowering community for our members, and a great place to work for our team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- As a key member of the Product team, you will own critical and often holistic product improvement projects, driving them from strategy to finessed execution.
- You will collaborate extensively with our growing team, upleveling the Brick & Wonder brand experience for our community members and for the public discovering our members through our website and editorial.
- You will sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess viability, then design the fine-grained details to deliver great, elevated design across a wide variety of mediums.
- Along with extending the brand online and offline, visually and experientially, you will also work on UX and UI aspects of the Brick & Wonder member experience, creating joyful and elegant interactions to drive engagement with all facets of our platform.
- Capture, edit and publish high quality photo, video and audio content
- You have experience with the hustle and commitment it takes to build a successful company, and the drive to go the distance.
- You have experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You've shipped complex products.
- You have a passion for the entire product development process, from problem solving through detailed UI and visual design, and you're excited to help us build a robust, flexible design process so we can iterate quickly.
- You have mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You can quickly create prototypes for design iterations using Framer, InVision, Figma, HTML/CSS/JS, etc
- You can deliver beautiful, high-fidelity designs and you have experience working with engineers and other external partners to deliver high quality digital and physical design output.
- You're an excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals and design decisions.
- You're an excellent self-starter who can collaborate energetically with internal and external stakeholders.
- You can own the success or failure of design work and initiate design sprints that deliver improvements across all aspects of the brand, online and offline.
- You can iterate based on feedback from the whole team.
- You are comfortable writing about, presenting, and sharing learnings, both internally and with the wider world via our blog, and at events.
- You are comfortable meeting, networking and talking on the phone with our paying community members to share our mission and vision.
We're looking for a portfolio that clearly outlines the problems you were tackling in your design work. It should touch on the process you applied to meeting the challenges, rather than focusing on visuals and pages you created. Your portfolio should be well-structured and clear. Your experience should ideally focus on elevated, premium or luxury brand experiences and high-quality graphic design. Even better if you can share video, photo or audio creative you have delivered.
Interested candidates should email a portfolio of work or CV (pdf format, less than 5Mb) and cover letter to: [email protected]
Brick & Wonder is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.