Posted: Jan 30, 2019
We design experiences that elevate the Datadog brand. Whether we are redesigning the company website or creating an identity for a brand-new conference from the ground up, we strive to create a simple and clear visual language that cuts through the noise. The Brand Design team is a close-knit group that shares a passion for our craft, supported by a culture that sees design as an integral part of Datadog's success.
We're looking for a Lead Designer to help take our brand to the next level. You will be responsible for managing and mentoring a small team of talented designers and guiding them through various projects in both print and digital. You must have strong project management skills and attention to detail and be a hands-on contributor. You will help lead our processes and establish a culture of creating high-quality work and maintaining brand consistency. This is a full-time and on-site role in our NYC office.
- Report to the Creative Director to set strategic objectives
- Interface with other department leads to set project goals and expectations
- Hold meetings and check-ins with team members to make sure projects are on track
- Manage multiple projects and track progress
- Ideate and take projects from start to finish
- Provide design feedback and lead design crit sessions
- Give advice and guidance to direct reports through 1-on-1 meetings
- BFA in graphic design or related discipline
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Be able to articulate and present your work
- Experience designing responsive sites for desktop and mobile
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Indesign
- Experience with Sketch and Invision
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and personable
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent design, color, and typographic skills
- Strong organizational skills
- UX/UI experience
- Video/animation experience
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables Dev, Ops and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives.