Digital Detox: Lead Developer - digital agency in south London at Digital Detox (London, UK) (London, UK)
Posted: Jan 9, 2019
Digital Detox is an innovative and energetic digital agency based in London working on some of the most exciting digital projects for widely recognised brands.
We are looking to expand our talented team of thinkers, strategists, designers, project managers and engineers with an additional Lead Developer who can bring passion, pride, skill and leadership to the role. The successful candidate will be a confident team leader who can balance a focus on delivery with empowering the team to explore and implement innovative solutions.
The breadth of challenges we face for our clients means that you could be working on enterprise-level code frameworks or cutting edge technologies for our own products. You will be happy to take the lead on all technical tasks on your project but also ensure that there is delegation across to the team to help everyone develop and learn new skills. Outside of your projects, you will take the lead in wider discussions to help shape the technical direction of Digital Detox and choose the right tools for the challenges that lie ahead.
Skills & Requirements
We would love to hear from you if:
- you have experience of leading agile development teams and providing technical support and guidance to other developers at all levels
- you have experience of working with product focused cross-functional teams
- you have extensive full stack experience, with the confidence to lead on technical decisions in both back and front end environments
- you take pride in delivering clean, meaningful and maintainable code and advocate for this within your development teams
- you are comfortable communicating complex concepts to both technical and non-technical business stakeholders
- you have strong commercial acumen and a desire to be a technical advisor to our clients
- you have the ability and drive to mentor and support less experienced members of your team to grow and develop their career
- you have a deep understanding of current and emerging technology trends and are constantly looking for opportunities to try out new tools and technologies
- you can proactively contribute to the overall technical direction and strategy of the company
- you have an online portfolio of websites, apps, or a GitHub profile we can explore together
It’s a bonus if you:
- have experience in a digital agency environment
- are interested in cross-platform and native app development
- are fluent in 2 or more programming languages
- have experience building libraries or tools for developer use
- have permission to work in the UK (although we are open to supporting visa applications)
In return you will receive:
- a competitive salary with annual reviews
- regular 1-2-1s and a chance to discuss your professional development in detail twice a year
- a friendly but focused work environment to help you concentrate on what you do best
- plenty of lunches and team events
- hack days and time to work on your own projects
- a training budget for conferences and/or online learning
- a zone 1 & 2 travelcard for London
- a monthly wellness allowance for gym or anything else that keeps you fit, healthy and happy
- a generous company pension
- the chance to play ping pong, football, badminton, dodgeball and tennis with your colleagues
- regular company away days (e.g. white water rafting, camping, sailing, skiing/snowboarding in the Alps)
- the best view of London from DD Towers in Brixton, south London
To maintain such high standards for ourselves and for our clients we work hard to ensure Digital Detox has an amazing working culture. One that focuses on great work-life balance, an open and engaging working environment and a firm belief in creativity and togetherness.
If you know that this is the right role for you, that you can embrace, enhance and help drive Digital Detox forward, we would love to hear from you.