IBM: Lead Developer - Global Industry Solution Center of Excellence at IBM (Dallas, TX) (Dallas, TX)
Posted: Feb 13, 2019
This senior position is with the IBM Global Industry Solution Center of Excellence (GISCoE). This organization is part of a global ecosystem of Client Centers where teams of Industry Solution Architects and Specialists bring IBM together to help clients innovate and address their most challenging business problems. The Centers are focused on accelerating pre-sales industry solutions opportunities focused on CAMSS and AI domains.
The mission of the GISCoE is to integrate Centers to better share resources, assets & expertise in order to deliver high value client experiences, demonstrate the art of the possible, and drive the innovation agenda through POCs and innovation programs.
In this role as a Lead Developer, successful candidates must be able to work with IBM Industry Solution Centers, and other stakeholders to lead and participate in Agile application development teams to develop, unit test, and deploy custom applications.
- Lead technical design, and REST API design;
- Develop sizing estimates and participate in Sprint backlog planning;
- Support and mentor other technical team members;
- Review design, and implementation of Sprint deliverables;
- Adopt new technologies in support of API Economy, including API design and development, Microservices, Cloud deployment, DevOps, nodeJS, AngularJS, noSQL db's such as MongoDB.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise :
· UX Frameworks (Angular, Bootstrap, Polymer...)
· Web Application Development skills
· Agile Method
· Git Repositories
· Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
· Experience with web development tools, technologies and methodologies
· Knowledge of responsive web design principles (e.g. responsive range break-points, fluid proportion-based grids, content prioritization, designing for touch, media queries, content modeling)
· Ability to generate and optimize web graphics (gif / jpg / png/ svg) plus CSS graphic sprites
· An understanding of guidelines and standards of web design and development
· An understanding of interface & user experience design best practices for web
· JSON DB (MongoDB, Cloudant, ...)
· Knowledge of CSS preprocessors (Sass/Less)
· Familiarity with architectural work products and Method
· Experience with BlueMix
· Knowledge of accessibility standards for web and Mobile"
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise :
- Experience working with distributed development teams
- Knowledge of web browser compatibility issues and testing