Glassdoor: Lead Java Engineer, Employer Engagement at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) (Chicago, IL)
Posted: Jul 12, 2019
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love! We are disrupting the industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent. This is your chance to share your work with a worldwide community of nearly 50 million monthly unique users.
About the Job
The Employer Engagement team is looking for a Lead Java Engineer to help build out a new suite of features for employers to attract talent through Glassdoor. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a completely new team and build new ways for employers and job seekers to connect around prospective job opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for development and a strong background in building dynamic, high-volume web sites with Java using an agile development methodology.
We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being comfortable changing direction quickly, and an eagerness to learn new technologies as needed.
You'll work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers, making excellent interpersonal and communication skills a must. Most importantly, we look for people who can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver – because it’s a lot more fun to get things done.
Skills and Requirements
- 7+ years of software development experience on large scale, high-volume systems
- Experience leading engineering teams, including establishing best practices, creating core architecture for a site and mentoring junior engineers
- Proficient with open source Java technologies like Spring and Hibernate
- Proficient working with relational databases as well as NoSQL technologies like Redis and Riak
- Experience building service-oriented solutions and RESTful microservices
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and object oriented design
- Strong understanding of Java multithreading, concurrency and memory management
- Experience with writing both unit tests and integration tests