Lead Mobile Designer
Posted: Mar 24, 2021
A little about you:
We are looking for someone passionate about working at an early stage and fast moving start-up. This role is not for someone who feels most comfortable in a large organization. Proactivity and speed of learning are valued equally to existing hard skills and experience. We often wear a lot of hats, but only so that we understand the business goals and how they connect with everything being built. Armed with all the same information as even the CEO, we believe the perfect person in this role will apply that to be able to make many micro decisions in a fairly autonomous process.
A little about us:
iTrackBites is a leading weight loss app with the goal of inspiring weight loss through Community. iTrackBites has changed the lives of millions of our members. The main headquarters is in Austin, TX, but the product team, including engineers, are fully distributed remotely in North America, Central America, and South America. The current growing team consists of serial entrepreneurs (multi-time Y Combinator company founders, as an example) who have a history of successful businesses, large scale product launches at a high degree of polish, appearing in things like Apple's Editor's Choice lists and more.
A little about the role:
We are in need of someone with the experience and knowledge to confidently lead all our design efforts and to work closely with data, testing, and user research to find the ultimate best solutions.
Example of Responsibilities
- Produce deliverables for every stage of the design process - storyboards, wireframes, user flows, interactive prototypes, and pixel-perfect mockups and accompanying visual assets for web and mobile.
- Work closely with the VP of Product, CEO and engineers through the product design and planning process
- Collaborate with engineers to support the engineering needs as well as finding solutions to engineering challenges as they relate to design
- Work with marketing and community team to create assets for content posts and some marketing assets
- Help lead and maintain a consistent and elegant style throughout product, marketing, community, and PR
- Work across the entire business stack and make an impact at different stages of the product: building vision & strategy, ensuring all the loose ends are tied up when executing, and making sure the operational components to support onboarding are in place
- Extensive experience in product design for mobile and web applications
- Experience in marketing, content, and press release design requirements
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, marketing, design and product management teams
- Expertise with Sketch/Figma or other design tools used for wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes
- Experience in organizing and delivering design specifications and assets for engineering to seamlessly integrate into code
- Have an outstanding portfolio, with presentable case studies showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, product sense, interactive prototyping, and idea generation
- Comfortable and effective to work in the GMT-3 to GMT-10 timezones