Lead Product Designer
Posted: Oct 11, 2019
At Blueground, our vision is to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live.
To do this, we offer beautifully furnished and thoughtfully-equipped apartments in the most vibrant cities around the globe for a month, a year, or even longer. Guided by people's growing desire to live more mobile lives -- while not sacrificing comfort and the finer things -- we strive to create an experience where all guests need to do is simply show up and start living.
At present, Blueground operates 2,800 apartments in nine cities across three continents and has a team of 400 employees. By 2023, we plan to be in more than 50 cities with 50,000 properties.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our team, and that's reflected in our mission: to create a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Time is everything. Cherish it
- Excellence is our epic journey
- We care deeply about our clients and colleagues
- Transparency, once embraced, makes everything easier
Follow us on Instagram @lifeatblueground | #ShowUpStartLiving
We are looking for a talented Lead Product Designer to join our growing Product Design team based in Athens.
We are a tech-enabled company currently making substantial investments in our technology products to enable our next stage of high growth.
You will work on our booking platform, mobile app, and internal tools and help us create amazing user-centered experiences, utilizing data, research, and analytics.
You will bring a mix of strong management experience, 'Design-Thinking' methodologies, design system knowledge, talent, expertise, and innovative product insights to the role. You'll balance a rigorous user-centric perspective with the ability to make bold decisions and move the product forward in a fast-paced development environment. You will foster cross-functional collaboration and consistency by working closely with product managers and engineers to shape the vision and define the roadmap for our products. You will partner with our Research team to find opportunities and integrate user insights into product strategy and design. You will always champion user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
What you'll do
- Creatively lead and manage a team of software product designers
- Be responsible for the growth and maintenance of a high functioning team
- Partner with the product and the operation teams in strategic planning
- Aligns resources to key company and product priorities
- Can do hands-on design when necessary
- Give and solicit feedback with designers to upkeep the universality of the user experience
- Work well in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- Create pixel-perfect designs and prototypes that are desktop and mobile responsive
- Conceptualize specs into wireframes and mockups
- Iterate based on feedback, A/B testing, user research, etc
- Participate in user research work including interviews, usability tests, surveys, personas and tapping into our conversion funnels and data. Let the users lead your decisions
- Participate in SCRUM ceremonies
What to expect
- To work in agile, cross-functional teams
- To define not just how things work, but what we should be building
- To design lots of new stuff from scratch and revamp many of the existing functionalities
- A team that constantly raises its standards of work
- A rapidly growing company with top talented people
- Trust and autonomy
- To experiment, learn and have fun
- 8+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field with a strong portfolio showcasing your best work
- Demonstrated experience shipping many products over the years
- Solid knowledge of the creative process, including typical time and resources needed to produce work on time, at high quality, and to specification
- Expert understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion
- Good understanding of Agile methodology, especially with respect to UI/UX design
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- A positive attitude and team player
- Excited about working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Bonus: Having led a product design team for both web and mobile applications
- Bonus: HTML, CSS, and constraints of mobile applications not being foreign to you
- Bonus: Active member of a design community
- Workstation of your choice
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the center of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.