Aetion: Lead Software Engineer (Backend) at Aetion (New York, NY) (New York, NY)
Posted: Feb 12, 2020
Our Lead Software Engineer is a critical leader to our Engineering organization. As a member of a small, but rapidly expanding organization you will need to be able to cross boundaries easily and work collegiately with highly effective individuals. You will be a lead to our team working on a technical stack which includes both cloud and on-premise deployments, big-data ingestion and analytics, distributed systems and algorithmic complexity.
This role is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will be working in a multi-tenant, service-oriented architecture and launching services/micro-services from the ground up.
The following skill sets provide a good foundation for a quick ramp up to being productive in our Java, Linux and cloud-based environment.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work on a full-stack rapid-cycle analytic distributed computing application
- Responsible for developing highly performant and scalable components that are able to handle large amounts of data (10+ million patients)
- Help develop a distributed system with concurrent access and usage patterns
- Work closely with our product team and science team to understand the needs of our clients
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years experience delivering highly scalable, fault tolerant, supportable and customer facing solutions
- Significant cloud platform experience, preferably with AWS
- Expert level Java
- Strong unix and scripting skills
- Experience building systems with large data sets
- Experience designing distributed systems at scale
- Strong ability to select, apply algorithms and data structures appropriate for processing large data sets