Lead UI/UX Web Developer
Posted: Apr 14, 2021
Lead UI/UX Web Developer
nou Systems, Inc. (nSI) has an opening for a Lead UI/UX Web Developer in Colorado Springs, CO, with remote being negotiable, to provide support to our Technical Solutions Team within our rapidly growing company with multiple locations operating in the missile defense, cybersecurity, test range modernization, and space control marketspaces.
The successful candidate will combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include leading the visual and UX design of a brand-new software project and translating the UI/UX design and wireframes into actual code that will produce the visual elements of the application. You will work with both program management and our engineering team to translate business requirements to beautiful interfaces.
- Innovate, implement, and refine new UI designs and UX solutions based on requirements and user/customer feedback
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and implementation
- Brainstorm multiple creative solutions to UX problems and gather feedback to inform design decisions
- Effectively communicate UI and UX ideas to team and customer
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and XD (or comparable)
- Proficient understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SCSS
- Proficient understanding of the Angular web framework
- Good understanding of modern hand-off practices between design and development
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and Gitlab
- Experience with data visualization techniques and libraries
- Must be a U.S Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance with the US government
- 3+ years of experience working in the UI/UX field
- Proficient understanding of modern web development practices and single page applications
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment to create features from concept to completion
This position offers significant advancement opportunity within a dynamic, high-tech company with competitive benefits. nou Systems was named as the 2015 Winner of Small Business of the Year in the Government Contracting - Technology category, and for four years (2017 ? 2020) was named to the Inc. 5000 List as one of America's fastest-growing private companies. We invite you to learn more about our company and culture by visiting our website at www.nou-systems.com.
nou Systems, Inc. offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and diverse benefits that reflect our company culture of service, excellence, and a supportive work environment.
· Competitive Wages
· Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
· Company funded Basic Life Insurance
· Company funded Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
· Optional Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
· Personal Time Off, Annual Leave, and Paid Federal Holidays
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
· Medical plan w/ optional Health Savings Account
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Personal Development, Learning Opportunities, & Lunch-n-Learns
· Skills Development & Certifications
· Employee Referral Bonus Program
· Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
· Monthly Telephone Allowance
nSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at nSI are based upon a candidate's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job and are free from discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.