Metova, Inc.: Lead Web Engineer - Remote at Metova, Inc. () (allows remote)
Posted: Apr 6, 2021
DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT?
You want to work with passionate, creative people who love to solve problems. You set expectations and deliver on them weekly, sometimes daily. You deserve to get something more than a paycheck in exchange for all of your hard work. You want to be proud of what you do, and you deserve a team that also wants to create amazing experiences using software.
WE WANT YOUR BRAIN
Anyone can program. What we can’t teach is raw intelligence and a personal desire to be great. We want craftspeople who understand their tools, who can learn from one another to advance their craft. You understand that software, programming languages, and operating systems are tools that are designed for specific jobs, and you have no problem with picking up new tools that accomplish what you need. We want your perspectives, your ideas, your intellect. We need you to make the best decision for you and your team.
WE EXPECT YOU TO WIN
Everyone at Metova is given the tools and resources they need to succeed at their job. In exchange for a great place to work, we expect you to build amazing software for our customers and amazing talent for us. You will be expected to build a compelling and easy to use interface, ensure its maintainability and ease of use, and suggest ways to improve the look and feel of the application. We are lean, which means we reflect on what we learn and use that new knowledge to quickly make better products. Your job is to keep learning, contribute your knowledge back to the rest of the team, and apply what you learn to make Metova even greater.
Metova's engineering team is looking for a Lead Web Engineer to join our growing team. The right person for this role is highly motivated, collaborative, and technical, with the ability to help shape the delivery of software products for our customers. If you're passionate about web development and interested in helping to shape the future of our .NET and web services team, then this is a great role for you!
As a Lead Web Engineer, you will design and develop award winning web applications and mobile solutions for global brands. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will work with project managers, graphic designers, developers, QA professionals and client teams to deliver the very best technical products and solutions.
- Provide technical and organizational leadership for your team
- Coach and mentor a team of web developers focused on building best-in-class applications
- Work closely with product teams to scope features, identify blockers, and ensure on-time delivery for our customers
- Help define quality and best practices
- Educate and empower others to make forward-thinking technical decisions that scale
- 5-8 years hands-on experience in software design and development, database design and development, and system integration
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft technologies, specifically: .NET/ASP.NET development, C#, SQL Server, Windows 2008/2012 server
- Experience with front-end frameworks like React or Angular
- Experience architecting efficient and scalable web based products
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to communicate with our customers and less technical members of the team
- Experience with test driven development and proper unit testing of code
NICE TO HAVE EXPERIENCE:
- Node.js, Firebase, AWS, Azure
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, CS or equivalent experience
Metova's work environment promotes a unique culture of teamwork, creativity and personal development that has attracted leading engineering, strategy and design talent. We offer a competitive salary and healthcare plans, matching 401(k), employee enrichment and development programs and a casual open work environment.
Learn more about our company culture: https://metova.com/jobs-at-metova/.
Metova, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.