Detroit Labs: Mid-Level to Senior Java Software Engineer-Regional Applicants Only at Detroit Labs (Allen Park, MI) (Allen Park, MI)
Posted: Mar 3, 2019
Detroit Labs is looking for experienced Mid to Senior level Java Software Engineers to join our OnSite team. As a member of our OnSite team, you’ll work at a client site within our clients’ teams and play an important role in the development of software used by the masses. The Java Software Engineer position will work on a balanced team and collaborate to support future Connected Vehicle programs.
As a full time member of our OnSite team, you're part of Detroit Labs family first. We offer a people-first approach to building products, services and teams. You’ll have access to ongoing career development, mentorship, and be a part of a great group of people who are passionate about staying up on the newest technologies, and never settling for less then the best. We prioritize your career growth by providing consistent check-ins, learning activities, yearly retros, and support through out your time to ensure you are always growing, and working towards being your best.
This is a full-time salaried role with full medical, vision, and dental benefits, 401K matching, monthly team outings and more.
• Define, Design, Develop, and Deploy applications/services and proof-of-concepts to support new location-based vehicle features.
• Ensure quality, on-time delivery using agile, test driven development principles.
• Collaborate with a balanced team of developers to deliver projects/features. Requires working with a Product Manager and Product Designer to shape the technology direction for the Location-Based Services Product Line
• Span multiple environments (Vehicle, Cloud, Mobile) to support end-to-end feature delivery.
• Collaborate with global, cross-functional stakeholders
• Java and .Net development experience ( Minumum 2+ Years of Industry experience required)
• Experience with Cloud environments (Azure/Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
• Experience with Test Driven Development and Agile Methodologies
• Experience with Software Development tools (Backlog Management, Source Code Management, Test Management, CI/CD, etc)
• Strong communication skills
Nice to Haves:
• Automotive software delivery experience
• Familiarity with other common programming languages and frameworks such as Spring Boot and Spring MVC
• Experience with iOS/Android Development
• Pivotal Cloud Foundry certification and/or experience
• Development experience in multiple programming environments (Mobile, Vehicle, Cloud)