Performance Electronics: Mobile Application Software Engineer - Android Focus at Performance Electronics (Cincinnati, OH) (Cincinnati, OH)
Posted: Mar 15, 2019
This position includes the design, development, testing and support of mobile application software for use primarily with Performance Electronics embedded control systems. If you enjoy writing apps from scratch, this is the job for you! No more coding one tiny section of an app. You will be a key technical contributor to our mobile applications, in their entirety. Although our immediate need is in Android development, cross-platform opportunities exist. In addition to mobile developments, your position could provide you the opportunity to work with embedded systems, as well!
Who are we looking for?
- A candidate with a Bachelor or Associate degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical field. Mechanical or Electrical Engineers with programming experience would also make excellent candidates.
- A developer who has contributed significantly to at least two Android mobile applications.
- Someone who is deadline and detail-oriented.
- A self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Someone with strong interpersonal skills and who will work well within a collaborative team environment.
- A developer who has a sense of pride and ownership in his or her work.
- Working knowledge and minimum 2 years experience in Android mobile development in native environment. Real-world experience is more important than education level.
- Experience developing and testing mobile application software with rich graphical content.
- Some experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop or other graphic design tools.
- Familiarity with submitting apps to the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity experience.
- Ability to develop on a Macintosh computer.
Nice to haves:
- Cross-platform mobile development experience.
- Experience with source control tools (GIT, SVN).
- Working knowledge and experience in Embedded C/C++, Visual Basic and Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience developing with microprocessors and microcontrollers.
- Experience, professional or personal, with automotive or industrial control systems.
How will you contribute?
- Design, document, implement, test and validate mobile applications and PC software and firmware for embedded control systems.
- Collaborate with project management, electrical and mechanical design engineers during planning and production phases to produce a fully integrated product that will meet customer needs and requirements.
- Ensure that Mobile UI implementations follow best practices for supporting multiple interaction styles across different mobile OS's, screen sizes and devices.
- Develop, execute and document verification test procedures.
- Create technical documentation for new and revised code.
- Provide systems related technical support to existing and prospective customers.
What can we offer you?
- The chance to make significant contributions to various projects. At Performance Electronics, you will have the ability to work on performance aftermarket products, unmanned vehicle systems, and other custom design solutions, as well!
- A competitive salary, negotiable based on experience level.
- Time and resources for ongoing development of skills.
- A flexible schedule.
- A casual work environment with fun and talented engineers, technicians and support staff.
- The opportunity to contribute to the company's bottom line, and be rewarded as such, with a year end performance bonus.
- Quarterly cell phone stipend.
- A few extra paid holidays above the norm.
- Employer paid life insurance and long term disability.
- And of course all the regular stuff: Medical, dental, vacation, 401k with match