Glovo: Mobile Platform Engineer at Glovo (Barcelona, Spain) (Barcelona, Spain)
Posted: Mar 12, 2019
As a Mobile Platform Engineer at Glovo, you’ll work on making the release and build processes of our mobile applications rock solid. Building and optimizing our mobile CI pipeline to ensure high-confidence deliveries will be a big part of your job. You’ll work with mobile engineers in other teams to understand the inside-out of the apps and find out how to improve their performance at build-time and ensure high-confidence deployments.
- Improve the CI strategy for both iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Continuously optimize and automate CI/CD processes to further our goal of rapidly improving developer productivity.
- Assist mobile developers in easing software development and release.
- Work with engineering teams to design sustainable automation systems.
- Use data to understand the availability, reliability, and sustainability of our infrastructure
- Participate in incident management, diagnosis and mitigation
- Monitor and optimize the performance of deployments
- Contribute to create a fantastic shipping experience for our developers
- Make a positive impact on our engineering culture, encourage knowledge sharing and drive technical discussions within the team.
- A degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or relevant experience
- 3+ years of relevant full-time experience
- Passionate about building reliable, performant CI infrastructure.
- Experience with tools like Xcode, Android Studio, HockeyApp, Fastlane, GoCD.
- General build and test tool management experience
- Experience with code signing mobile applications for iOS.
- Demonstrable skills for configuring, running, and gathering metrics from CI test pipelines executing mobile automation using tools such as XCTest, Espresso, JUnit.
- Good knowledge of low-level details about iOS/Android runtimes, SDKs, and their build-time configuration.
- Good English
- A ticket to the moon sitting on the fastest rocket - an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
- Offices based in trendy Poblenou (L4), 10 min away from the beach
- Generous equity pack for all employees
- Social benefits (such as fresh fruit every day, free Tuesday lunches from our yummy partners, beers on Fridays, bi-monthly culture days, the best coffee machine in the world,...)
- A young, international and talented team, used to work in a fast paced and vibrant way - currently, we are over 800 employees from all over the world!
Our core values are very important to us:
Gas: We think big and take calculated risks to go for all business opportunities, no matter how challenging they are! We work hard as a team and execute fast.
Everyone Wins: We are here for the long run. Glovers, Partners, and Users are in the very center of everything we do. If they win, Glovo wins. So for every decision, we make sure we are positively impacting them.
Good vibes: Our teams are built of people that radiate positive energy and managers that are honest and fair. No assholes allowed! We stay optimistic no matter what, infecting each other with positivity, joy, and the desire to spend time together.
Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody must roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We are tiny! We are conscious of how big the opportunity is and how much we’ve got left to do.
Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Care first about Glovo, not your role or your department. Own your stuff, no question, but go beyond your role; help before you are asked. Everything you need to make things happen, you do it. Glow it!
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!