Zalando SE: Mobile Release Engineer - Android at Zalando SE (Berlin, Germany) (Berlin, Germany)
Posted: Aug 14, 2019
As a Mobile Release Engineer (Android) at Zalando, you will help keep the mobile CI running smoothly. Working on getting every bit of performance and reliability out of a build system. You will work side-by-side with mobile engineers in order to ensure consistent, high-confidence delivery through a CI delivery pipeline. You'll be expected to work with several cross-functional teams.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Enhance the continuous integration strategy for Mobile Applications for our Android platform.
- Continuously simplify, optimize and automate CI/CD processes to further our goal of rapidly improving developer productivity and confidence.
- Build and test tool management.
- Train and assist mobile developers in facilitating software development and release.
- Work with engineering teams to design sustainable deployment packaging and automation systems.
- Make a positive impact on our engineering culture, encourage knowledge sharing and drive technical discussions within the team, as well as discuss your thoughts with the professional community.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Passionate about building and improving reliable, performant CI infrastructure.
- Experience with tools like Android Studio, HockeyApp, Jenkins, BuddyBuild, Fabric Beta, Docker and Git.
- Experience with Gradle, Maven, command-line tools, bash scripting, and build tool management.
- Comfortable dealing with Kotlin specifics (kapt, klint, …).
- Demonstrable aptitude for configuring, running, and gathering metrics from CI test pipelines executing mobile automation using tools such as Espresso, JUnit, Jenkins.
- Excellent understanding of general security concepts and value security as a design principle.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback,open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.