Motion Graphic Designer-525105
Posted: Oct 13, 2021
Motion Graphic Designer-525105
Florida International University is Miami's public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU's commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
The Motion Graphics Designer will be responsible for working with the creation of assets, then bringing them to life and delivering high-quality and innovative motion graphic content. The Motion Graphics Designer is a creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgement and willingness to collaborate within a team environment. This role performs a wide range of duties with a unique blend of design, animation, and client communication. Projects range from learning and social media content, to print ads and animations for web layouts.
- Works alongside the Visual manager's creative direction to conceptualize, execute, and produce innovative ideas.
- Works closely with producers, directors, and other graphic designers to incorporate design assets into motion graphics.
- Creates graphics, animations, lower-thirds, and other assets as assigned.
- Illustrates concept(s) by designing a rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size, and style, and all related aesthetic concepts.
- Creates storyboards and other film-related documents.
- Collaborates with FIU Online Teams to integrate graphic work in all applicable areas.
- Produces still and animated graphics.
- Creates assets for videos, adhering to existing design guidelines and related documents.
- Keeps current and applies working knowledge of industry-standard print and presentation software, such as Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver) and others such as PowerPoint, Keynote, etc. Maintains current technical and industry trends.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, Computer Science, or a related field. Three (3) years of interaction design experience or user interface design experience.
- Expert proficiency using industry software applications, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and Cinema 4d
- Must be proficient in Adobe Create Suite and requires a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with web design development, charts/graphs, photography, and other artwork a plus.
- Animation or Illustration abilities are a plus.
- The candidate should be self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Ability to follow operational guidelines and established procedures.
- Willingness to take feedback/criticism and improve upon skills.
- $55,000 - $65,000
- Criminal Background Check
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For further information or to apply online visit our website at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID # 525105