Motion Graphics Designer
Posted: Nov 9, 2019
Aptive is seeking a talented Motion Graphics Designer with video editing experience to join our creative team. The position will support multiple design efforts across client projects.
The Motion Graphics Designer is a highly creative visual thinker with a unique background in design and motion, whose skills and talents will help diversify the team. The candidate must also have the ability to not only translate a creative brief into a concept and final deliverable, but to work and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary collaborative team environment.
This full-time position is located at Aptive's Headquarters in Alexandria, VA, with some telework options available.
- 5+ years of experience as a Motion Graphics Professional
- Bachelor's degree in Motion Graphics, Animation, Visual Arts, Fine Arts, Communications or related field
- Strong creative portfolio required
NECESSARY SKILL SETS.
- Ability to conceptualize and translate written ideas into storyboards, art direction and style frames
- Bring a story to life using motion graphics and animation
- Strong typography, layout and design skills
- Ability to combine live-action, still images, motion graphics and/or animation into marketing materials/video promos
- Experience with video editing a plus but not required
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere
- Experience in Cinema 4D is a plus but not required
- Creative and enthusiastic solution-oriented team player
- Ability to work well under pressure and with multiple deadlines
- Solves problems and provides creative solutions with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize projects and organize assets
- Illustrates assets for motion graphics and animation
- Designs and creates graphical assets, typography, and layout
- Work closely with the Creative Director, Art Director and Project Managers to understand project scopes and objectives
- Stay up to date with industry trends bringing fresh ideas to client projects
- Create multiple concepts, selecting the best ones and pitching them to creative team members, project teams and/or clients
- Communicate productively with clients and senior team members to keep them up to date with project milestones
- Offer ideas and alternate design perspectives in Brainstorming Sessions and Creative Meetings
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EEO).
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veterans and members of the Reserve and National Guard are highly encouraged to apply.