Multimedia Designer, Senior
Posted: Jul 23, 2020
- Design Development
- Develop design recommendations, articulate design rationales, agree on design requirements and project deadlines in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Articulate design decisions through thoughtful copy writing.
- Contribute to periodic enhancements of our visual system framework.
- Stay informed on latest trends and forecasts in graphic / visual design.
- Serve as a design / art / print production advisor to administrative staff.
- Manage visual assets, including brand assets, photography and other visuals.
- Excellent understanding of visual storytelling and its application across all marketing channels.
- Be an effective visual design problem solver and help maintain consistent branding
- Create style guides, design systems and brand guidelines to supplement all campaigns and/or events
- Support conceptual thinking to create great digital products across multiple platforms smartly bringing together user needs, the organization's goals and technical realities
- Graphic Design (in support of the Visual Design Director and leading needs):
- Give data meaning Design infographics and data visualizations to present NLC data and concepts in ways that help readers quickly understand them and to gain visibility on social media.
- Produce high impact creative to include identity systems, digital and print campaigns, website and mobile designs, infographics, emails engagement assets inclusive of signage, environmental and event collateral.
- Design executive-level presentations for the members of the senior leadership team.
- Design conference great marketing materials for events in collaboration with the Business Events department.
- Ideate and design branding artwork, such as sub-logos, word marks, and top-line collateral templates, as part of the broader visual design framework.
- Create visuals that are adaptable across channels, from print to social media.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours including weekends/holidays.
- Design a variety of web assets and digital collateral for our different properties
- In collaboration with team members, drive and evolve the aesthetic quality of creative material including website UI, menus, web pages, application interfaces, advertising campaigns, web content, email campaigns, mobile, and institutional branding materials. Work in collaboration with external vendors and agencies when needed.
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of visual designs through research and usability feedback in collaboration with the Digital Engagement Team.
- Support in the production of promotional videos and/or editing. Production of short animations and kinetic type highly desirable
- Perform other duties and complete special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a design discipline and a minimum 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in a design agency or an in-house design department preferred
- Proficient with both Windows and Mac Platforms
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Mac equivalents
- Expertise in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop applications requiredExpertise in Premiere Pro/ and After Effects and Adobe XD applications required
- Illustration skills, including comfort with creating and manipulating vector graphics
- Understanding of industry standards and best practices in the areas of color theory, typography, presentation design, layout, and offset/digital printing
- Data visualization skills
- Interactive media skills
- Proficiency in motion graphics preferred
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS highly desirable
Position Specific Qualifications:
- Applicants must have a digital-accessible portfolio with varied design samples that should include a wide array of design (not fine art) samples.
Work is typically performed in a standard office setting working at a desk or table on a level surface. Minimal travel is expected. May be required to work more hours than normal during a regular workweek depending on workload and deadline requirements.