Comcast: Network Engineer (SDET) at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) (Philadelphia, PA)
Posted: Aug 12, 2017
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for validating product quality by analyzing and testing the
quality of the code base. Focuses on writing code that will be executed
in an automated and repeatable fashion which will reduce manual testing
efforts and increase code quality and consistency. Develops and
maintains code that validates front-end, middleware, and database
systems, using the latest tools and programming languages. Provides
input into various software development lifecycle stages. Partners with
software engineers to write efficient automation code using coding
standards and best practices. Reports test execution results to senior
leadership. Repairs complex broken automation scripts, and performs peer
reviews of automation codebase. Integrates knowledge of business and
functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and
crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Key area- network engineering-Virtualization
- Working with Anisble, puppet, chef
- Products voice and unified communications voice telephony products
- Unified applications and expertise
- - Write and edit complex, automated test code, using the same standards
- as a Software Engineer, that allows for repeatable, reliable testing
- solutions to test the wide functionality of products and software in
- accordance with specifications and technical requirements, maintaining
- automation codebase in a version control system (GIT, SVN). This may
- include creating complex SQL queries for validation of databases and
- writing SOAP and RESTful API automated scripts.
- - Build new tools to assist in faster test automation and functional
- testing efforts, and innovate on existing automation processes.
- - Serve as a guide and mentor for junior-level engineers. Provides
- technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices,
- procedures and techniques.
- - Review project progress, evaluates results and recommends corrections
- in technical applications and analysis to executive teams.
- - Perform code reviews of automation scripts and front-end codebases.
- - Work closely with Test Engineers and Development teams to build test
- script hooks that help in earlier and easier testing.
- - Analyze broken test cases and diagnose and repair to working order.
- - Diagnose and repair complex bugs within production code.
- -Drive scrum meetings as ScrumMaster, perform backlog grooming, and
- sprint planning.
- - Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- of significance.
- - Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
- nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- - Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer