Paxful: PHP Developer at Paxful (New York, NY) (New York, NY)
Posted: Mar 13, 2019
Paxful is one of the world’s leading peer-to-peer Bitcoin marketplaces and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. Powered by people and blockchain technology, not big banks, we offer support for a payment system that empowers merchants and e-commerce shoppers. This opens up a new market of 2 billion people who have no access to banking services, but do have the ability to buy bitcoin via one of our over 300 payment methods enabled by Paxful.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in Estonia, with additional offices in New York, Hong Kong and the Philippines. Paxful has millions of actual users, a strong business model and is completely bootstrapped. You’ll be joining a team that’s out to make sustainable change in the world. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help.
- You will have the chance to work on products that change financial services worldwide: work with the peer-to-peer bitcoin platform that has over 2 million users globally.
- We have a highly-motivated team: you will be working closely with exceptionally talented developers.
- We promote your professional development: you will have the chance to attend trainings, workshops, conferences, and anything else you need to get to the next level.
- We are taking care of your health: tasty snacks, gourmet food delivery from restaurants to the office, gym membership.
- We have the right values: no unnecessary bureaucracy, and an international, fun work culture.
What you'll be doing:
- Write efficient, testable, and reusable code
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Work closely with our developers and product owners in an agile team
- Help to troubleshoot, test and maintain the product
- Follow company coding standards
- Perform code reviews and mentor your peers
- Cover your code with tests
What you bring to the table:
- At least 3 years of experience in development
- Strong PHP and OOP skills
- Good knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with frameworks like Symfony, Laravel, Yii
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Experience working with high-load systems
- Solid understanding of security threats and “security by design” principles
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment
- Experience working in an international team
- Ability to travel for a one-time, one-month long training with our core team in Tallinn, Estonia. Tallinn is known for its medieval Old Town, surrounded by the sea and breathtaking greenery.
Ideally, you also have:
- Experience with microservices
- An interest in cryptocurrencies