F-Secure: Principal Architect, Corporate Cyber Security at F-Secure (Helsingfors, Finland) (Helsingfors, Finland)
Posted: Apr 16, 2018
At F-Secure, we are committed to helping people and businesses be free in the digital world, without having to worry about cyber security.
Corporate Cyber Security Business R&D develops and delivers the products used by F-Secures B2B partners and end customers. We are a flat and agile software R&D organization consisting of Software Developers, Test Automation Specialists and Software Architects in several locations. We work closely with Product Management, who set high-level directions that we turn into product features and functionalities. We also work very closely with F-Secure Labs, who analyze cyber threats on a daily basis so we can understand how to beat the bad guys. F-Secure is very much a product organization, and without R&D, the majority of our B2B business wouldn’t exist.
Corporate Cyber Security R&D is investing and rapidly growing. Thus we are looking for the Principal Architect who is expected to play a key role in the new initiativites, scoping and estimating the required R&D efforts, breaking those into smaller pieces and defining what is required to successfully implement those. This also include driving technology choices and evaluation alternatives, finding the right solutions for problems at hand. Principal Architect will also support the growing R&D organization in the growth itself by participating the recruitment process and setting the requirements and bar for engineering staff.
Principal Architect reports to VP, R&D.
Principal Architect is responsible for:
- The technology and software architecture across all products in the Corporate Cyber Security Business Unit R&D organization.
- Defining the long- term architecture and technology vision for the whole business unit, in alignment with the business goals and objectives of the business unit, having a substantial business and long-term business impact.
- Participation in the company level technology strategy work and liaising with our company wide architecture steering, security laboratories for core security technologies and other units on the common software components.
- Establishing and ensuring that business unit specific technology and architecture governance mechanisms are effective and able to provide visibility and value for decision making
Principal Architect will:
Setup and lead business unit level decision making and discussion forum(s) for technology and architecture topics.
Support domain architects in aligning architecture and technology goals against product roadmaps, project portfolio and resource planning.
Guide the architecture decisions to ensure product and company competitiveness, including effective and effective implementation (cost efficiency, reusability, supportability, maintainability, security, etc.), also driving a healthy balance of long and short-term objectives.
Lead and participate business unit level technology evaluation work, in co-operation with the other functions and decision making bodies of the company, together with make vs. buy analysis and recommendations.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- Strong software engineering background. Hands on implementation experience also from recent past.
- Strong understanding of modern software architectures.
- Experience in working with public cloud (AWS) and micro services.
- Experience in driving technology choices, including build vs buy evaluations.
- Analytical ability
- Great communication skills both verbal and written, can address different audiences with right level messages.
- Ability to get things done, pragmatic approach to driving things instead of eternal analyses
- Facilitation skills
- Initiative and enthusiasm
Bonus points for the following:
- Line management experience
- Passion for Cyber Security
- Passion for creating great software that enables great business
- Enjoy working with others, helping people to succeed
Both within our existing service offering and new exciting cyber security solutions there is significant potential for further success in the market – if you are the right person to pursue and realize this success – this is a very rewarding position within F-Secure.
Dare to be the best? Please send your applications with your salary request as soon as possible!