Principle Experience Designer
Posted: Jan 14, 2020
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Make a huge impact in the next evolution of GoDaddy's user experience. As a senior designer on the ecommerce team, you will be part of a collaborative, customer-obsessed team working to deliver new and creative customer experiences. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that is changing the face of GoDaddy and helping entrepreneurs around the world build, run, and grow their online presence.
You will own major areas of the user experience that scale across multiple markets and screen-sizes for customers around the world. You're a strong, creative problem-solver who has a knack for making complex things simple, guided by customer data and business needs, and someone who knows how to work with others to drive ideas into reality.
Things you'll do:
- Create engaging user experiences that support customer needs and business objectives
- Design impactful web experiences to scale across multiple scenarios, devices, markets and customers
- Lead numerous projects, from start to finish, to meet priorities and requirements in an agile environment
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders, engineers, POs, designers, researchers and writers to conceptualize, prototype, test, iterate and build end-to-end experiences
- Effectively define and document user problems, principles and details necessary to communicate and implement solutions.
- Contribute to and evolve a mature design system.
Who we're looking for:
- A portfolio that demonstrates rock-solid skills in visual design, UX architecture and/or interaction design.
- Design system experience as a contributor
- Master-level prototyping skills
- Foresight and strategic problem-solving, design process, and project management skills.
- Ability to present and explain solutions and decisions to partners in a style that fosters collaboration and consensus building.
- Experience with ecommerce environments a plus.
- Deep understanding of design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Illustrator and Photoshop or their equivalent.
Applying and interviewing:
Are you a good fit for the role? We'd love to hear from you ? even if you don't meet 100% of this description.
Please include a portfolio along with your resume. This position fills an ecommerce merchandising need, so be sure to show those types of projects off if you have them.
Throughout the process, you'll meet with the recruiter, hiring manager, our design team and cross-functional peers. These things may change as we begin to narrow our search.
- It starts with a 60-minute phone screen to set expectations and determine if there's a fit.
- After that, we'll ask you to prepare a 40 minute portfolio presentation about your work, showing your role, learnings and design process from end to end. During the presentation, our team will be present and ask questions, and we'll provide you 20 minutes to ask the team questions as well.
- The final step is to have in-depth discussions with key members of our team to ask and answer questions that are specific to your role on the team to make sure we both feel it's a fit.
- The team will then make a decision and you should hear back from our recruiter within a week.
This is a full-time, salaried position that includes flexible PTO, stock options, health benefits, onsite gyms, cafeterias, maternity/paternity leave, and other awesome perks.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
Job ID R006297