PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD - FITNESS APPS
Posted: Apr 21, 2021
Precor, a unit of Peloton Interactive, is seeking a Product Design Lead to help define the user experience for its portfolio of fitness applications. This role is focused on leading the UX/UI design cycles across multiple platforms and devices. The Product Design Lead should be able to carry on hands-on design work as well as lead a small team of UX designers from POC to UI patterns definition, interactions design models, onto a scalable design system. The candidate should be familiar with an agile approach to product design, with an emphasis on design systems, usability testing and rapid iteration.
This role is dependent on project ownership, being highly self-motivated, organized, open to feedback, and iterating to meet usability standards and business objectives.
Seattle, New York, London and/or remote.
In this role you will
- Create user journeys, interaction flows, high and low-fidelity wireframes, simple prototypes, and final pixel-perfect deliverables based on requirements and user behavioral studies.
- Develop an understanding of Precor and Peloton product experiences across platforms and devices, as well as their Design Systems, to ensure future iterations are executed cohesively.
- Lead and work closely and collaboratively with fellow designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and various business stakeholders to fulfill the overall product/feature vision.
- Independently manage your bandwidth and project pipeline to execute designs in time with your team's roadmap.
- Layout multi-version wireframes for validation/user testing and iterate quickly based on learnings found in reviews and user testing.
- Develop simple, rapid prototypes/deliverables to describe and validate interactions.
- Execute final, "pixel perfect" visual UI and Design Specs for engineering.
- Maintain Design System and libraries in conjunction with the wider Product Design Team to ensure product-wide best practices and visual consistency.
- 6+ Years of experience in designing user interfaces.
- Comfortable juggling and leading multiple projects.
- Have a user-centered approach to product design.
- Have a systematic, component and style-based approach to UI design that ensures consistency.
- Able to think strategically and outside the box of cookie-cutter UI design.
- Manage objectives with pragmatism.
- Experience in building element-based Design Systems, UI components library and style guides.
- Low-ego approach and highly collaborative.
- Strong, proven skills in designing from concepts to final deliverables.
- Attention to detail and ability to conceptualize multi-state complex interactions.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Experience designing for various screen sizes and devices.
- Familiarity with agile software development.
- Experience in designing for accessibility and inclusivity.
- Experienced in working with user researchers, UX designers, copywriters, engineers, and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, Framer, and/or other prototyping tools is required.