Product Design Lead
Posted: Apr 16, 2019
Company: Well is a venture-backed, stealth company focused on disrupting healthcare through a differentiated consumer experience and a world-class data & analytics engine to drive engagement and behavior change. The product will sell directly to Fortune 500 CEOs and full risk populations, integrating layers of analytics, digital, concierge services, behavioral health, telemedicine, care management and wellness services to drive sustained engagement, lower costs and improve health.
Reporting To: Senior Design Director
- Your primary mission will be to understand our business needs and product features and transform that understanding into user-focused and intuitive designs for web/mobile experiences required to engage, guide, delight our consumer base and build the digital relationship for behavior change through targeted health engagement. This leadership position is responsible for the design of cross-channel consumer-facing products (web, mobile, advocate services), including user research, design, development requirements, cost estimates and continued iteration and testing. A key part of this role is to design a world class modern front-end platform that integrates seamlessly with the machine-learning analytical insights generated from the Health Engine team.
- To be successful in this role, you must be a phenomenal interaction designer with a creative capability unmatched by your peers. Your tasks will include the creation of experience maps, user scenarios, mockups & flows and user testing for validation to ensure the products achieve the product and business goals established for each project.
- This individual will be expected to collaborate with cross-channel teams including iproduct, marketing, data analytics, voice of the consumer, healthcare operations and all aspects of the development effort - to deliver on the product design needs across the cross-channel offering.
- Imagine and establish market-leading UI/UX design from lo-fidelity sketches to final product
- Work closely with Chief Digital Officer, Senior Design Director and Chief Marketing Officer, and customers to validate design thinking
- Highly detailed communication of design principles + direction, as well as design specifications to engineers
- Measure recently released product features to establish benchmarks and to identify potential areas of improvement with the customer experience to improve performance
- Staying abreast of UX trends and looking for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds
- Start-up like mentality and desire to innovate at pace - ability and desire for iteration is key
- Looked to for technology & design leadership and innovation
- Credibility from a tech/design perspective, including a portfolio or recent design examples
- Ability to plan, forecast, and build a scalable product on budget/timeline
- Experience in rigorous testing and iteration of UI components
- Experience in digital products and interacting with teams utilizing modern front-end frameworks, with a focus on consumer-facing products, or a smaller product with the equivalent UX/UI needs
- Experience leveraging concepts in behavioral/cognitive economics and gamification to make user engagement more fun and personally rewarding
- Experience with iterative testing and rigorous UI evaluation techniques
- Healthcare experience not required, but passion for health and wellness and our vision is critical
- Proven experience designing consumer-facing products at scale while preserving an innovative mindset, to include optimizing processes for continuous iteration and robust automated testing
- Ability to navigate a start-up atmosphere, including leadership and prioritized decision-making with imperfect information and experience in a venture-backed startup
- Demonstrated collaborative style, with the ability to influence diverse teams and build strong relationships across various internal stakeholders and constituents
- Work and management experience using agile software development methodology
- Familiarity with industry standard design programs (Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite), formats (video/audio, email templates), platforms (Wordpress, Drupal), and front end languages (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentations for all levels of management combined with strong collaboration and influencing abilities
- Bachelor's degree in a creative field or design/art school or equivalent professional experience
- The position is based in Boston, MA, however, geographic flexibility will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Co-location with our product team will be critical for this role.
To be considered for the role, please:
- Include in your response at least 3 digital products you're currently engaged with and why they matter to you.
- Include in your response at least 3 products or brands that you think exceed and win on design - why?