Product Designer (contract or perm)
Posted: Oct 15, 2019
Who we are
At Masabi, we are helping to make cities better places to live, work and visit, by enabling seamless, frictionless journeys on public transport systems. We are a SaaS company, developing a fare collection and ticketing platform that allows commuters to buy and present tickets for public transport on their mobile phones or simply by tapping a bank card to travel.
Defining the future of transport ticketing, Masabi launched integrations with Uber, and a journey planner called Transit, allowing users to purchase tickets for public transport right within those apps.
Justride is deployed in cities around the globe, including New York, London, Boston, Las Vegas, The Hague, Los Angeles and many more with an exciting industry-first SDK deployment with Uber in Denver enabling the purchase of public transport tickets right within the Uber application.
We are about 115 people headquartered in London with offices in New York, Boston, and Cluj.
The Design Team
The Design Team is integral to the development of products at Masabi, whether that's designing on-trend pixel perfect interfaces for our latest mobile app and web portals, or defining the experience of scanning your barcode at a ticket gate. We're passionate about quality, open to exploring new ideas, and pragmatic about delivering the most effective outcomes. We work closely with the development teams to turn ideas and concepts into reality in an agile environment.
Working on our Justride platform, you will be designing seamless interactions and beautiful interface designs that will make life easier for millions of transport users across the globe. You will have the opportunity to help define and shape the look and feel of the entire Justride product: from concept and prototyping to delivering the finished article. You'll work in a talented, multi-disciplinary team of product, engineering, and UX to ensure we're meeting our own high standards and delivering meaningful value for our users.
We're looking for a mid-level Product/UI Designer who can...
- Always start with "Why?"
- Use a user-centered approach to solve problems ? what is the use case and what are we trying to solve here?
- Think about the whole product experience, not just your piece of the puzzle.
- Design collaboratively, across product, engineering, and management teams to ensure that all of the company's deliverables are at the highest possible quality.
- Turn complicated, abstract problems into simple, elegant solutions from end to end. Owning early discovery planning into wireframes and high fidelity mockups.
- Proactively pitch new ideas for how we can better the look and feel of our product range, making sure we're at the forefront of the latest design trends.
- Contribute to the evolution and maintenance of our brand assets, style guidelines, and contributing design components to our Design System.
- Isn't be afraid to fail, learn from it.
You will have the following...
- A strong portfolio with examples of UI design, prototyping, wireframes, illustration and iconography in products you have delivered to market.
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Xd. (you can use any tools to get the job done, but we're loving Figma at the moment!)
- A passion for UI/Ux, awareness of the latest industry trends and mobile UI patterns.
- A proven track record of using current best practices to inform design decisions.
- Experience working alongside product managers and developers in an agile environment to deliver products to market.
- Excitement for joining a fast-paced environment full of people that like to celebrate success regularly.
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working hours and up to 30 days holiday per year (not including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Onsite yoga classes
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Unlimited snacks and drinks, with regular free lunches
- Regular social gatherings with monthly allowance for each employee
- Biannual company events
- Fun and collaborative environment with a focus on making a difference in the world
Masabi is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, striving to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Whoever you are, just be yourself.