Product Designer - Full-time, 100% Remote
Posted: Aug 15, 2019
What is Invisible?
-- Website - inv.tech
-- Deck - inv.tech/deck
-- The Sell - https://medium.com/invisible-f...
-- The Anti-Sell - https://medium.com/invisible-h...
-- The Revolution - https://medium.com/invisible-f...
-- Reports - inv.tech/reports
Who are we?
We are Invisible's Technologies Team. We solve problems at scale so they never happen again. At our best, we solve problems before they happen. How?
We Believe That
-- Invisible is a world-changing company and the Technologies Team is responsible for creating the systems that will launch Invisible into the stratosphere
-- Exponential gains from systems > Short term linear work > Systems for systems sake
-- Consistent feedback is key - we are addicted to learning and getting better
-- What one of us knows, all of us should know
-- Every new mistake is a learning opportunity
Because of these beliefs, we've built a team where
-- Distributed approaches and centralized intelligence merge. Each teammate is constantly innovating and trying something new. Every mistake is prevented by all. Every success is learned by all.
-- Each of us contains the sum of the knowledge, intelligence, and creativity of our entire team.
-- We evolve and mutate constantly like an organism, identifying successful and problematic tactics and incorporating ideas from any source.
Who We Want
-- Designers who care as much about the invisible parts of the platform as the visible.
-- Polymaths and independent thinkers
-- Someone who is unlike anyone else on the team
What Product Designers are expected to do?
-- Innovation - Don't just follow orders. Question them. Question everything. Make improvements to how we work, not just our team, but the entire company.
-- Systems thinking - Design isn't just how something looks ? it's how it works. You will care deeply about the problems you solve with design.
-- Craftsmanship - Deliver results with pace and quality
-- Teamwork - A culture where personal and team growth thrive and we become better every single week
-- Growth - Tenaciously improve yourself day after day at an exponential rate, and bring the company with you
Specifically, a Product Designer will
-- Guide the customer's journey through a variety of interfaces, including web, mobile, and email
-- Design complex 'expert' interfaces for internal users
-- Build and evolve our visual identity through active iteration over the components in our pattern library
-- Collect feedback through formal user research and apply insights back into the design process
-- Become better every day by committing to learn new technologies and consider new solutions to old problems
-- Experience designing for the web and for mobile
-- Experience working with software development teams w/ product managers and engineers
-- A strong background in UX and focus on usability
-- High degree of fluency with HTML, CSS
-- A commitment to collaborative design
-- Experience with Figma is a plus
What to expect if you join our mission
-- You will work on the most important problem - We always solve the most important problem and prioritize to make effective use of our time.
-- You will never do the same thing twice - Do it once, learn, systematize, automate, upgrade. We are exponential.
-- You will never work on a problem that should have been prevented - Prioritize, execute, and prevent future problems.
-- You will systematize or document most things - Creating systems checks if you really understand what you're doing, allows others to analyze for improvements, and means the entire team upgrades together.
-- You will make mistakes - That's okay. This is how we learn. Prevent the mistake from happening again.
-- You will be empowered and encouraged to act with creativity - We have no limits. Every team member is empowered to upgrade our collective intelligence with new ideas. Act with moxie. Act with creativity. Act with inspiration.
"The culture is imbued with romantic capitalist values. These are just a few:
- heroism (be insanely ambitious, you should want your boss' job, you have a moral obligation to seek power and use it for good, the modern knight fights abstract dragons),
- challenge (welcome adversity, struggles and suffering, steel yourself for the worst, challenge problems to a duel, seek the widest possible stage for your talents, identify and solve for the biggest problem you can find),
- meritocracy (create and measure the value you create, strive to be the best),
- ownership (you are the CEO until told otherwise),
- collaboration (solving problems together benefits everyone),
- competition (if you outperform you will be rewarded),
- glory (do the great work of your life, here and now, the work that you were made for, and that you will be remembered for???seek your aristeia moment),
- truth (seek the truth, express yourself freely, confront problems head on, be as transparent as possible, don't hide the bad and the ugly, stand up for your opinion by engaging in debate, change your mind when you're wrong), and
- intensity (work HARD, don't waste time, the more fully you absorb yourself in your work, the more aggressively you work, the better you work)."
Join Our Team
"Do it because you want to do something on the edge of hard and impossible. Do it if you are the unstoppable force seeking an immovable object. You want to see what you're made of. Do it if you want to test your limits: your ability to create order in chaos, to operate under extreme stress, to achieve impossible goals...
Do it because you personally want a synthetic intelligence. Do it because you want to solve the biggest problem in the world: wasted time. Do it if you want humans to spend less time doing robotic jobs, and more time being creative and strategic."
So what do you say, will you join us?