Posted: May 4, 2021
At Relay our goal is to make the paper check, a 40-year-old relic of the logistics industry, obsolete. We want to provide world-class, usable products for a technologically underserved group of people: truck drivers, dispatchers, and everyone else that ensures all of our packages, groceries, and medicine get where they need to go every day.
Today, Relay processes millions of dollars in payments across the US for thousands of drivers (and growing every day!). Our users skew older, many only speak Spanish, and all of them are not experienced software users.
So we know the value of thoughtful, empathetic design that can make a complex transaction feel simple, clear, and trustworthy. Relay helps drivers avoid hours on the phone waiting for checks to clear and instead spend more time on the road and getting paid.
We are looking for a talented product designer to come and build out and own the design system, evolve the brand, and help scale our fast-growing product team as its first designer.
Relay just raised $43m to transform the payment process within the supply chain industry. This is an opportunity to own a lot, wear many hats, establish best practices, and impact a product with an extremely fast-growing user base that needs to evolve quickly.
Relay is looking for a generalist product designer that's eager to develop their skills in a fast-paced environment by shipping lots of work, covering lots of product surface area, and supporting growth marketing efforts. You'll be responsible for identifying customer pain points, designing solutions quickly, getting buy-in internally, getting feedback from customers, and shepherding that work to the finish line. You'll work closely with other designers and the engineering team to build a world class payment platform for the logistics industry.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Create wireframes and prototypes to solve difficult UX problems
- Obsess over the details of visual and interaction design
- Work with engineering to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and marketing
- Collaborate with engineers to build your amazing designs
- Ship, measure, and improve your design based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Brainstorm and iterate with your colleagues to help raise the bar on the whole Springbot experience
- Justify the importance and urgency of your ideas and work against business and cross-departmental needs
What you should bring to the team:
- 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and learning through experimentation
- Ability to solve complex design problems
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- Effective prototyping skills
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build consensus within a small organization
- Experience with user research and creating rapid feedback loops with customers
- Experience designing marketing landing pages and collateral
- A generalist mindset and a "figure it out myself" mentality when faced with ambiguity
- A hunger to ship your ideas and solve real problems
What you ideally bring to the team:
- 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience using Figma
- Experience in fintech or payments
- Experience working on SaaS products
- Experience in an Agile organization, working in cross-functional teams / pods / verticals
- Prior experience at high-growth startups
Why Relay Payments:
- This is an amazing opportunity to join an explosively growing start-up on the "ground floor"
- We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- We treat you like an adult with our "Be Reasonable" PTO policy
- Highly valuable equity grant - be an owner!
- This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our entrepreneurial, people-first, high-performance culture!
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.