Posted: Sep 15, 2020
At Emburse our mission is to help make our users' lives -- and their businesses ? better. We are dramatically transforming how organizations manage corporate expenses and invoices. We humanize work by automating manual tasks and saving users' time, so they can focus on what matters most -- their family, community, or more rewarding work. We help CFO's give their employees a simple and amazing experience while ensuring compliance and reducing costs. Our solutions are tailored for companies from start-ups to enterprises. We have more than 14,000 clients and 4.5 million users globally.
Emburse has offices across North America, including Los Angeles, Montreal, Portland (ME), San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto, as well as locations in the UK, Germany, Spain and Australia.
Our core values - Sincerity, Empathy, Empowerment, Individuality and Teamwork - reflect who we are as a company. They are central to the decisions we make and the interactions we have with our teams, customers, and partners. As a people focused company, we are seeking candidates who align with our values.
The Product Designer is responsible for the design of user interfaces, as well as user experience research and design. Part of the Product Development team, this position plays an important role in the presentation of the brand by designing efficient, effective and attractive user experiences within the product suite.
This position is remote, however our preference is for this person to be close to one of our offices in Los Angeles, CA, Portland, ME, or New York, NY.
What you'll do:
- Research, prototype, and design user experiences based on provided product requirements.
- Produce deliverables such as design mock-ups prototypes, design assets and design documentation.
- Participate in design feedback and critiques.
- Present and articulate design decisions to design leads and product owners.
- Translate and deliver designs for engineering.
- Collaborate with user researchers to measure efficacy of design solutions.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to troubleshoot and explore alternatives.
- Leverage and maintain design systems and design guidelines.
- Conceptualize and design experiences across multiple digital touchpoints.
- Measure design effort and capacity for assigned design projects.
- Explore and innovate new user experiences within the product
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Arts and/or Design or related field, or equivalent experience
- Masters Degree in Arts and/or Design or related field preferred
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience and high-level proficiency of visual design such as layout, color, typography and interaction
- Ability to clearly present and articulate design decisions, participate in peer design critiques, and incorporate feedback into the next iteration
- Ability to understand and articulate visual design concepts, methodologies, processes and is able to leverage solutions based on project constraints
- Proficiency with industry standard design tools for user interface design and prototyping
- Ability to execute on work assignments using established design processes
- Actively seek to understand the usability impact of design solutions in qualitative/quantitative ways
- Ability to follow defined design guidelines and best practices to insure a consistent and intuitive experiences
- Demonstrate the ability to develop deep empathy with users
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously and successfully
- High-level proficiency of virtual design such as layout, color, typography and interaction
Emburse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Emburse complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.