SteelCloud LLC: Product Developer - Windows C# .NET Full-Stack Developer at SteelCloud LLC (Ashburn, VA) (Ashburn, VA)
Posted: Dec 21, 2018
Are you an experienced full-stack developer looking for an exciting opportunity at a fast-growing company? Do you crave the freedom to develop creatively and design novel tools from the ground up to meet the needs of large enterprise organizations?
We are looking for new developers willing and able to meet these needs as our company continues to expand. You will be working with a small, dedicated team of talented developers to tackle the current and future needs of military, government, and commercial customers spread across the globe via the development of a suite of tools designed to automate the myriad time-consuming steps necessary to establish and maintain strong and vital cyber security in an increasingly hostile digital world. Bring your knowledge, passion, and dedication to our organization and help us to continue to grow as an important piece of the total security package while enjoying competitive pay and benefits, a flexible workplace environment, and the freedom to have real input into the design, development, and deployment of an enterprise software solution present on millions of systems worldwide.
SteelCloud is a security software products company specializing in configuration control automation to fit the needs of secure networks around the world. Our patented solutions are used throughout the federal government and major corporations that require compliance with mandated security standards - both Windows and Linux. We are a small established company that is dedicated to agility and customer service. We are expanding our team of developers and are looking for individuals that really want to make an impact and grow with us. We provide benefits and a stimulating, collaborative work environment.
- Develop specialized desktop solutions to the problems inherent in customized configuration control across various Windows and ‘Nix-based platforms.
- Communicate and collaborate with project and product managers, upper management, and occasionally clients in order to establish, approve, and execute a plan-of-action for meeting current and ongoing development goals.
- Provide local support and documentation for other SteelCloud teams in order to keep everyone up-to-date on product developments.
- Utilize Test-Driven Development principles to create a product that is modular, scalable, and stable even through refactors, expansion, and deployment.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- At least 2 years of experience in professional development.
- Experience developing non-web-based desktop applications.
- Solid experience with C#, C++, and the .NET Framework.
- Solid experience with Visual Studio.
- Experience with WPF (data-binding, XAML, etc.)
- A solid understanding of source control and versioning tools (Git, GitHub, SVN, Mercurial, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Experience working with SQL-based databases.
- Experience with the DevExpress suite of tools.
- Experience with Qt.
- Knowledge of .NET Core and .NET Standard.
- A strong basis in developing tools for Linux-based platforms.
- Knowledge of WMI, PowerShell, and SSH for remote system administration.
- A solid understanding of TDD development and design philosophies.
- Experience developing client-server tools.
- Job Type: Full-time, located in Ashburn, VA (metro Washington DC)
- Residency: U.S. Citizen