Privacy.com: Product Engineer at Privacy.com (New York, NY) (New York, NY)
Posted: Jul 12, 2019
At Privacy.com we're reimagining the way consumers and businesses transact using ephemeral payment card numbers to protect your personal information and a one-click checkout experience everywhere online.
We're a small venture-backed company looking to expand our team to keep pace with our growth. We're nimble, product-focused, and working on a multitude of interesting technical challenges across payment processing, fraud detection, scale, and predictive analytics.
As a Product Engineer at Privacy.com, you’ll work at the intersection of design and engineering to build effective and delightful experiences. You have a strong desire to understand the needs of the user and enjoy collaborating with teams across the company on building and shipping products.
- Write and maintain code in our web, mobile, and extension frontends
- Support products that are used by hundreds of thousands of users
- Collaborate with other engineers on our Node API
- Collaborate on new cross team product initiatives
- Ensure high code quality with code reviews and automated testing
- 2+ years of professional experience
- CS or engineering degree, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with at least one modern frontend framework (we use AngularJS and React Native)
- Familiarity with SASS/CSS and UI/UX patterns
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, thoughtfully commented code.
Making privacy and security easy takes a team that understands how to build products for everyone. Privacy is building a diverse team to tackle complex challenges in payments, and is committed to offering a safe and inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply.
- Flexible vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Conveniently located office in lower Manhattan near many trains
- Medical / dental / vision coverage
- Snacks, stocked fridge, and pantry
- Commuter benefits
- 3% cashback on all purchases with Privacy
- Choose your own Apple equipment
Privacy is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please don't hesitate to let us know.