Imperfect produce: Product UX Designer at Imperfect produce (San Francisco, CA) (San Francisco, CA)
Posted: Dec 31, 2018
About the Role We are looking for a passionate, creative Product Designer to join our team and help turn our mission into a reality by designing the end-to-end experience for Imperfect costumers. That means you'll be designing for the families and millennials who buy Imperfect, but also the Merchandisers, Delivery Dispatchers, Warehouse Operations, and Growers who make Imperfect possible. We are a brand new team, and as such you will have the unique opportunity to own design execution for a large part of the business as well as influence product strategy, process, and culture. Responsibilities
- Work through product problems from definition and opportunity to shipping features to end users.
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, sometimes with customers, to validate product directions.
- Participate in design critique and product leadership feedback meetings.
- Partner with engineers as they build and ship ideas.
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years experience designing interfaces that have been used by thousands of customers and stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of the product development process, from definition to functional interaction and detailed visual design.
- Experience iterating from low-fidelity sketches and workflows to beautiful high-fidelity designs using tools like Sketch, InVision, HTML/CSS, Photoshop, etc.
- Ability to present ideas and rationale clearly, early and often in a way that invites collaboration and iteration.
- Bonus Points: Experience working on consumer product with offline components. Experience working with real-world logistics.
- Customer focused and research-driven.
- Curious, passionate and positive.
- Doer: You like ideas, but you like execution better.
- Inclusive: You recognize the value if soliciting diverse perspectives.
- Hyper-organized: In your work, as well as your communication style.
- Personally aligned with our mission to eliminate food waste.
Details of Position
- Full-time, exempt position reporting to the Director of Product
- Based out of our sweet warehouse-turned-office in San Francisco (Bayview)
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience.
- Competitive benefits package including healthcare, paid vacation, 401k, and a weekly Imperfect box!
- Sedentary work; predominately involving sitting most of the time.
- Standing desk and/or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request.
- Walking, climbing stairs and standing are required only occasionally.
- Regular work with computers, including computers, keyboards, mouses and screens.
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets, also required.