Posted: Jan 16, 2020
Working as a part of the Winning Work team to create, edit and design the finalised proposal document. Coordinating proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, providing advice on flow, language and grammar to content owners. Often, working on multiple bids at the same time and, therefore, multi-tasking and workload management is a crucial skill required for this role Due to the nature of the role, the ideal candidate will have strong Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Powerpoint skills.
The Proposal Manager will report to the Commercial Director responsible for the wider business and will be required to work with the Estimating and Planning teams, our Proposals department and the proposed delivery team. His/her direct reports will include:
- Estimating Manager
- Estimating Assistant
- Proposals Executive
The Proposal Manager will take ownership of an enquiry from receiving the external client documents, through the distribution of documents, co-ordination of queries, and managing various stakeholders to ensure that the finished submission fully represents our capability and experience while offering a 'best in class' offer.
- Ensure all prepared proposal and pre-qualification submissions are of high quality, compliant and communicate our capabilities and value of service.
- Identify response deliverables, establish submission schedules and communicate responsibilities and accountability to the rest of the bid team.
- Assist in the proposal production process by liaising with contributors from all departments
- Coordinate proposal kick-off and review meetings, identify and track action items and maintain communication with team members regarding deadlines and requirements.
- Manage and maintain a library of example sections for bids to be used in future proposals.
- Proofread and edit responses to ensure they comply company brand standards for accuracy and quality of writing.
- Liaise with Group Proposals team in the UK to capture the latest trends to ensure a consistent and coordinated approach / best practice with bid submissions.
- Review requirements of the bid with internal ISG team members and coordinating their input. The Bid team will comprise members from Planning, Approvals, HSE, Project Delivery, Design. You will work with the team to produce all info that needs to incorporation into submission documents.
- Ability to turn written, numerical and existing content into compelling graphical representations that have an impact and are easy to interpret.
- Coordinate input from various stakeholders ? liaise with bid lead, estimator, planner and delivery team to capture and build-in key information.
- Attend key meetings on most bids and be the interface for ISG at bid stage. Mid-tender and post-tender interviews to be attended.
- Time management of the bid proposal and oversight of the Estimating team in parallel will be essential.
- Adhere to the gateways and processes on all bids; not limited to: Bid / No Bid forms being complete, Tender Launch, Tender Settlement, Estimator Handover meeting.
- Organise all external printing for bids and any special arrangements such as Boxes or Videos or Animations in plenty of time for any submissions.
- Appraising an opportunity and setting a Work Winning strategy for the bid and driving the team, energising others to get the output required for the bid proposal to position ISG at the top of the competition.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for tender interviews/meetings that reflect the best of ISG as a business and the key messages contained within our proposal.
- Arrange the presentation ahead of any meetings, organize rehearsals with the required team and attend to refine and hone the presentation ahead of any meetings.
- Assist GM with BD responsibilities tailored to improve the win success rate. Coordination with BD, including attending weekly BD meetings to understand the pipeline forecast.
- Run training modules for the business to improve knowledge and effectiveness of key team members who are contributors for Bids (Project Managers, Snr QS's, Planning, Design, TSMs)
Skills and experience
- Communication skills - Strong command of English both written and verbal
- Attention to detail - Specifically with reviewing work before issuing to client
- Time management - Strong planning and organisation skills required to ensure all tasks and objectives are self-managed and delivered on a timely basis and being in control of tight deadlines and meeting the deliverables
- Software proficiency - Proficient in multiple desktop publishing tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), as well as Microsoft Powerpoint and Visio.
- Presentation skills - Confident presenter and ability to attend high-pressure meetings
- Team orientation - Managing others to work towards the same deadline
- Innovative thinker - Provide new thinking and bold ideas backed by knowledge, sound decision-making and first-rate implementation
Education & training
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field
- Solid experience in proposal management experience, preferably in the A/E/C industry
- Commercial understanding or estimating experience
- Understanding of different procurement routes
- Good knowledge of construction techniques and methodology / sequence of works
ISG is a dynamic construction services company, delivering robust and future-proofed places that help people and businesses thrive. Our 2,800 worldwide specialists in fit-out, technology, construction and development deliver not just buildings, but also an exceptional delivery dynamic and strong customer relationships built on mutual trust, collaboration, and open communication. We blend our unparalleled track record, sound processes and proven delivery methods with a fast-paced and agile culture, ensuring we deliver thriving places that are as agile and resilient as their occupants.
Note: The general responsibilities listed hereinabove are not exhaustive and as such additional duties, which are related to this position in the Company, may be added on the above list as and when it deems necessary.