Chewy, Inc.: Prototype Engineer at Chewy, Inc. (Dania Beach, FL) (Dania Beach, FL)
Posted: Jan 13, 2021
Chewy is looking for a Prototype Engineer to join our Merchandising Systems & Services team in Dania Beach, Florida. The Merchandising Systems team is responsible for creating & deploy new concept prototypes related to application, system & services supporting standardization, optimization, automation, and process infrastructure of the Merchandising business & operations.
Our team’s mission is to be the backbone for Chewy’s Category, Pricing & Vendor team by design, and develop world-class system prototypes helping them to win long-term customer trust, business growth, and profitability. This role will give you the chance to use your deep technical expertise to accelerate the adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends, and practices. You will help drive innovation, scalability, light-weight integrations and maintainability while collaborating with our internal engineering/IT teams.
What You will Do:
- Develop System / Component prototypes (front & back end both) and APIs (Interact with the full application stack) for a rapidly scaling platform for vendor management, while ensuring successful product delivery and operational excellence
- Design, develop and implement large-scale distributed systems prototypes with large volumes of data, focusing on scalability, latency, and resiliency
- Prototype and develop new customer experiences for internal partners and external vendor applications with web technologies
- Design and build responsive, accessible and performant UX components for mobile and desktop web experiences
- Articulate and evangelize software engineering principles with engineering teams to ensure that prototype components align with overall Chewy’s IT direction
- Develop cloud native designs and implementation within public clouds, primarily AWS
- Review code, implementation and provide meaningful feedback that helps other prototype engineers to build better prototypes
- Experience in using DevOps principles and techniques to delivery high quality software prototypes with the least technical debt possible
What You will Need:
- Candidate possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience creating modern web experiences across devices
- Project experience using React, Angular, Vue.JS or similar frameworks and/or libraries
- Working experience with distributed SCM (GitHub a plus), DevOps, AWS
- Experience integrating with lightweight middleware technologies, integration patterns, microservices
- Proficient demonstration of SQL knowledge
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results in a data-driven, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly evolving business environment
- Position may require travel
- Understanding of testing automation, including the building of scrappy coding/automation for testing code faster
- Experience in Retail, E-Commerce or Technology Industry, Merchandising & Vendor Management focus a plus
- Strong engineering background building Products/prototypes that are E-Commerce scale
Life at Chewy, Inc.
About Chewy, Inc.
Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest growing e-commerce retailers of all time. We offer a convenient way to shop for pet supplies within a highly personalized experience that's fueled by superior customer care. Headquartered in South Florida and Boston, our team of over 17,000 members-dispersed across our customer service centers, corporate offices and fulfillment centers-dedicate themselves to delivering pet happiness nationwide. Whether it's our easy-to-use website, great selection of high-quality products, competitive pricing, speedy deliveries, or award-winning 24/7 customer service, we aim to wow our customers in all aspects of our company. Chewy's environment is dynamic and faster than anything you've ever experienced, built for leaders who thrive on delivering results. We believe in leadership, accountability, relentlessness, and creativity. We work hard with a dogged determination, but we have fun, too…. which isn't hard to do when you have your favorite four-legged friends by your side!
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Paid Sick Days
- Pet Friendly
- Highly Diverse Management Team
- Dental, Disability, Life, Health, and Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Outings & Happy Hours
- Stocked Kitchen & Some Meals Provided
- Customized Development Tracks