TERAKI: Python Backend Developer at TERAKI (Berlin, Germany) (Berlin, Germany)
Posted: Feb 24, 2019
Teraki is a Berlin based tech driven company enabling true mobility. We stand for innovation in the rapidly developing connected car, self-driving and 3D mapping world. Teraki provides data reduction and data processing solutions for Automotive (IoT) applications and enables the launch of new applications by reducing hardware footprint, latency and costs. We help our customers on the challenges that are posed by the exploding amounts of data in connected vehicles for all sensor, video and 3D mapping data.
In this role, you will contribute to the design and implementation of our backend system serving millions of cars, being highly efficient and easy to maintain. You will closely work with other Backend developers, DevOps Engineers, Software Engineers and Data Engineers.
- Design and implement scalable and future-proof micro-services, that use an event-driven, Kafka-based backbone and can serve millions of connected cars.
- Contribute to the building of fast, robust and scalable data-processing pipelines to run Machine Learning training and inferencing jobs on a distributed system.
- Develop and maintain packages and libraries used by Data Scientists and Research Scientists for the processing of telematics, video and point cloud data.
- Assess and evaluate technologies and tools to identify those fulfilling best our requirements and needs.
- Work closely with our Software-, DevOps- and Data-Engineers to continuously implement and improve features, following an agile and test-driven approach.
- You and your team have the ownership over the entire software development lifecycle from planning to coding, testing and maintenance.
- Peer review code to ensure best practices and standards are met while guiding the growth of less experienced developers.
Who we are looking for
- Background in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related.
- 3+ years of professional experience building modern platform services.
- You have proven and solid experience with Linux, Python, REST API, Kafka, AWS (basic), numpy and pandas.
- You have significant experience in designing, scaling, debugging, and optimizing microservice based and event-driven systems.
- You are experienced with agile development methodologies and tools such as git, Jira and Confluence. You appreciate the importance of testing, software validation and clean code.
- You have some basic knowledge in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- It’s a plus if you have some knowledge in PostgreSQL, Django, Dask, Docker or Kubernetes.
- “Can do” and above all “want to do” attitude.
- Motivated fast learner and problem solver who can work in a team as well as independently.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to actively contribute to future mobility challenges.
- To increase your know-how in state-of-the-art technologies: Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Embedded Development.
- Flat hierarchies and work in a small but highly motivated, multidisciplinary and multicultural team. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity.
- To work in a dynamic start-up environment in the heart of Berlin with the chance to play a big role in the success of Teraki. We do work that matters.
Do you like what you read? Then don’t wait, apply now!