Amadeus North America: QA Automation Engineer at Amadeus North America (Waltham, MA) (Waltham, MA)
Posted: Sep 13, 2017
I. Summary of the role
The mission of Amadeus’ Hotel IT team is to design and deliver high performance systems that can process tens of thousands of requests per second and return the highest level of accuracy in the fastest response time. Our SaaS platforms are designed to serve millions of users who are seeking information and reservations from tens of thousands of hotels offering millions of hotel rooms around the world. Utilizing our proven ability to build and deploy mission critical software for the global travel industry, we are creating the next generation of technology solutions for the hospitality industry including: reservations and distribution, high-volume data acquisition from heterogeneous sources, sophisticated search engines, payment processing, hotel operations, business intelligence, and revenue management.
The Amadeus Hotel platform is an SOA solution delivering a fully centralized reservation system for large hotel chains. New customer needs will require evolution of the platform. Two types of technology are deployed: C++ for the open back end in charge of the core functionality and Java for the portal in charge of the platform administration.
As the voice of the customer, the Software Quality Assurance Department must ensure delivery according to plan and agreed quality level to our clients by constantly increasing business knowledge, as well as defining the automated test coverage and ensuring the functional non-regression coverage is as close as possible to customer expectations/requirements.
We are hiring Senior Automation Engineer for the Hotel IT QA team and work with our highly skilled business analysts and software engineers to improve and consolidate our existing automation frameworks allowing the execution and triage of dozen of thousands of tests a day in order to deliver innovative and high quality solutions for large hotel chains.
II. Main Responsibilities
- Collaborate with development on product owners to design and develop test plans and test cases that guarantee high quality product features
- Execute tests, file, monitor and chase defects including application logs, screenshots and steps to reproduce based on the automated tests failures
- Be able to create and document test cases and test results for each software change covering all functional areas
- Identify and estimate testing tasks and work with Project leadership to plan resource assignments
- Map test coverage in ALM or other test management tool
- Work with QA teams and create automated tests to be included in regression campaigns for each software change covering all functional areas
- Automate APIs validation tests using various types of message shooting tools including SOAP/XML, REST JSON APIs and internal Edifact APIs
- Maintain automated tests and update the code when required (eg. change in the UI)
- Setup, improve and maintain the automation infrastructure and frameworks in collaboration with shared services teams allowing the execution of all types of tests
- Automate functional tests for UI Front Ends in Java and Groovy using Selenium framework.
- Triage daily automated campaign results and detect origin of differences in collaboration with Product Definition, Development, Operations and Product Management teams across the company
- Send daily automated tests reports with list of issues and defects
- Bachelor Degree or higher
- ISTQB certification is a plus
Relevant work experience:
- 5+ years hands-on experience in software testing automation
- Strong Java development skills is required
- Strong knowledge of XML, HTML, XHTML and CSS languages
- Strong understanding and knowledge of APIs and API validation including SOAP, REST/JSON, WSDL and Swagger
- Significant experience with Selenium and API testing tools like SOAP UI for test automation is required
- Knowledge of SQL is required
- Experience with Eclipse IDE is required
- Experience with Jenkins and Maven and automation frameworks integration is needed
- Experience in performance and stress testing of complex and distributed e-Commerce and transactional systems is needed
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills, very detail oriented
- Enjoys testing complex web, enterprise and distributed applications
- Knowledge of travel industry and related technologies a plus
- Thrives in a professional, team-empowered environment
Computing: SOAP, XML, REST/JSON, Swagger, Web-Services
Languages: Python, Groovy, Java, SQL
Specific knowledge: SOAP UI, Selenium, ALM, Jira