Siemens AG: Quality Assurance Analyst at Siemens AG (Fredericton, NB, Canada) (Fredericton, NB, Canada)
Posted: Aug 14, 2019
The Siemens Canada Limited Fredericton team is part of the global Digital Grid Software & Solutions Product House and is focused on developing and delivering software products that enable the green energy systems of the future. We bring the Internet of Things “IoT” to the electrical power grid connected to smart homes smart devices, and smart buildings.
The Digital Grid Division of Siemens is looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to participate in the development and testing of its Distributed Energy Management System (DEMS). This position requires working on a core team of developers and QA professionals, building software products for the electric utility domain.
- Management the deployment and configuration of environments for various testing and development initiatives
- Debug complex software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply and maintain quality standards
- Develop and execute software test plans
- Analyze and write test standards and procedures
- Complete and maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software
- Perform analysis of test results to ensure functionality and recommend corrective action
- Complete the logging, tracking, communication, and resolution of issues
- Analyze production and quality trend data to identify and solve problems
- Leverage test automation tools for installation, data population and verification, enhancing tools as required
- Generate reports on quality statistics for product release metrics
- 4+ years experience in software product development field
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in the Energy and Utility industry and/or demand management, an asset
- Formal test planning, design and test execution experience
- Software testing experience with enterprise web applications
- Experience for planning and managing QA/test activities using an automated test management tool, such as Quality Center or TestRail
- Experience with SQL databases, including Oracle and/or MySQL
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements
- Ability to schedule and prioritize for multiple projects or assignments
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving
- Customer focus and team work
- Strong verbal/written communication skills in English
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay, great benefits, and a global network offering real opportunity for growth and advancement.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.