Tanooki Labs: Rails Developer
Posted: Jan 12, 2018
TL;DR - Great paying freelance and full-time work on amazing products.
This is not your average company job posting.
We are Tanooki Labs, a product and development studio based in New York City that works with entrepreneurs on early stage products.
We provide developers and product-minded people with fun projects to work on, as well as the flexibility and freedom to continue working on their own goals (be it recording an album, crafting your next app, or raising the newest member of your family).
We choose our clients and projects carefully, and every product we build requires us to tackle new and exciting challenges. We also reject the idea that software development has to feel like a grind. We work 35 hours a week, support flexible schedules, are family friendly, and work with both local and remote developers.
We are looking for pragmatic developers who build with:
- empathy for users,
- a deep understanding of the software we build and our clients' businesses,
- an eye toward writing well architected code.
You should have:
- a strong background in Ruby on Rails
- experience developing applications from the ground up
- experience with behavior-driven development and unit testing
- a product-minded focus when creating applications
- good communication skills in English and a location in North America