Sandia National Laboratories: R&D, Computer Science C++/Java/JEE Software Engineer (Early/Mid-Career) at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) (Albuquerque, NM)
Posted: Jul 17, 2017
This job requires outstanding computer science and software engineering professionals who have a passion for applying their software development skills to solve some of the most challenging national security problems. We need people that are willing to work as productive members of innovative and high-performing teams to utilize their software development skills to design, build and deploy the next generation of satellite ground stations.
We need a variety of skills in multiple competency areas; from high-speed data acquisition to data visualization, from data archive to user experience (UX), from storage architectures to enterprise web applications. We need motivated people who base their work in the fundamentals of computer science while applying a deep understanding of engineering and scientific principles.
Occasional travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or relevant discipline plus four or more years of relevant experience OR Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or relevant discipline.
- Experience with object-oriented software development using C++ or Java/EE.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating environments.
- Experience in developing systems for managing big-data, analytics or business intelligence across disparate data sources
- Experience in developing software for distributed real-time processing of sensor data
- Experience in data visualization or image processing
- Experience in developing with open-source or COTS-based messaging, integration, data store and application server platforms
- Experience in developing component-based software solutions and frameworks.
- Experience in developing software product lines.
- Relevant experience in scientific/engineering data processing software development.
- Experience in real-time signal processing of sensor data.
- Working knowledge/experience with enterprise application development using Java Enterprise Edition.
- Experience in developing and provisioning services and resources using a virtualization infrastructure
- Experience with detection, tracking, and classification algorithms.
- Experience with MATLAB or other numerical computing platform.
- Experience with Agile development or Scrum Methodology
- Experience with service oriented applications
- An active SCI security clearance.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT