Eezy: Search Quality Engineer at Eezy (Bowling Green, KY) (allows remote) (Bowling Green, KY)
Posted: Jan 28, 2019
We’re looking for someone who has a slight obsession with beautiful search results - a Search Quality Engineer.
Trying to craft the perfect search result is hard, so we need your help. With your expertise, we’ll be able to make sure that our search results are the absolute best they can be. You will be working on both precision and recall, as well as including external signals to make the results continuously improve.
Our sites receive a high amount of traffic each month. If you're interested we'd love to give you a role in our company that strives for technical excellence, is relaxed, lets you work from home on your own schedule in your own environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Identifying issues with the current result sets
- Constantly running tests to improve the search user metrics
- Building and maintaining our search infrastructure to consistently perform at its best
- Building new search features to help our users find exactly what they’re looking for quicker
- Background in Search Engine Optimization
- 3 years experience with either Solr or Elasticsearch
- Ability to build solutions that scale and are extremely fast
- Ability to debug the root of a search issue
- Excellent online communication skills (Slack, Email).
- Willingness to evaluate existing solutions/gems for applicability instead of just jumping instantly on the latest fad (unless it really is better, of course!)
- Ability to see the “big picture” and implement solutions that fit into the existing architecture.
- Have strong, self-informed opinions when it matters.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with AWS and Linux