BUX: Senior Android Developer at BUX (Amsterdam, Netherlands) (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Posted: Oct 14, 2019
Who we are
We’re BUX, a tech company that is rocking the world of finance. BUX makes it easy and affordable for Europeans to do more with their money. Since launching in 2014, BUX has made the markets accessible for more than 2 million users across 9 countries in Europe. It’s first app, BUX X, oers short-term, leveraged trading, all powered by a vibrant ‘in app’ community. With the introduction of BUX Zero, BUX is bringing commission-free investing to all, allowing users to invest in the brands and companies they care about through an intuitive, easy-to-use app. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, the company is backed by Holtzbrinck Ventures, Velocity Capital, Finch Capital and Initial Capital.
About the team
Engineering is at the heart of our business and we have a really experienced tech team — our senior engineering staff has several decades of accumulated development experience. This is one of the smartest teams you'll have the chance to work in. It will help you push yourself to the next level.
Why will you enjoy working for BUX?
- You‘ll be participating in the creation of new products & features together with the Product and Design teams. You will always have your own voice in the process.
- You’ll be challenged to work with real-time data and provide a smooth user experience through high-quality, high-performance code;
- You‘ll be implementing neat features with premium UI/UX in the simplest manner, so they are not only readable and maintainable, but also working just as envisioned.
- You’ll have the freedom to choose your own tooling and judge if a new tool can be used to increase productivity, code readability, and maintainability. We try not to use something just because the “cool kids” are doing it.
- Lastly, the business domain is interesting. You will learn how the financial system works on the inside.
What is the cherry on top?
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development;
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months;
- Cool office in the heart of Amsterdam (10 minutes from Central Station);
- Bi-weekly Hackathons, weekly drinks, fun company events;
- Margy’s famous lunches;
- Competitive salary and Employee Option Plan.
We expect to see:
- Proactive, self-starting, can-do mentality.
- Strong experience developing native Android apps;
- Proficiency in Kotlin, with strong object-oriented design skills;
- An Agile mindset and working knowledge of the Scrum framework;
- Good understanding of memory management, file I/O, network & socket programming, concurrency and multithreading.
We like to see (but not required):
- Experience with iOS development in Swift is a plus;
- Demonstrable experience publishing apps to the Play Store;
- Experience with distributed version control systems like Git.