Alloy: Senior Back End Developer at Alloy (New York, NY) (New York, NY)
Posted: Feb 17, 2020
Alloy is where you belong!
Alloy's product can be roughly divided into two sides—a Python Django web app and a Node.js API. We're looking for help maintaining and building out features for the latter (and really the former, too, but that's a different job, and if that sounds fun then you should talk to my colleague Scott).
- Create new API features!
- Work with customers and the business side of the house to help design and build new features!
- Build new integrations with third-party data sources!
- Have you integrated with the APIs of all three major credit bureaus? I have!
- What went wrong? How can we make sure it never happens again? We live for the root-cause analysis after getting things back up and running for our customers as soon as possible!
- It's a small team—the definition of the role is somewhat flexible and will grow to reflect your own strengths and interests!
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years real-world experience
- While we like to think of ourselves as "platform-agnostic" in our hiring process, realistically it helps top have experience with our tech stack, including:
- Node.js (the language you'll be working in)
- Experience working with and integrating third-party APIs
- SQL (Postgres but it's really all the same at the end of the day)
- Git or a similar version control system
- AWS (we do have a dedicated DevOps person but it's good to at least have a passing knowledge of how your code will be running in production)
- Know your way around a command line
- Teamwork experience!
- We're open to people whose experience is mainly on personal projects and/or contracting but we'd really like someone who has experience working with a team
- College degree in computer science is helpful, but not necessary (my boss has a degree in history or something and he's doing just fine)