teckro: Senior Back End Engineer - Java / Kotlin / Python at teckro (Dublin, Ireland) (Dublin, Ireland)
Posted: Jun 19, 2020
Do you want to be a key part of an engineering team that builds technology products that save peoples lives? What about being part of an engineering team whose technology is currently being used on multiple clinical trials to find cure for COVID-19?
If you are looking for a sense of purpose and want to make a real impact, then we want to talk to you at Teckro.
Teckro builds mobile first, Cloud based SaaS Technology solutions used by the global pharmaceutical companies to change how they conduct clinical Trials.
There is a huge and urgent need to modernise clinical trials to solve big global problems like the COVID-19 pandemic but also lots of other diseases – diabetes, cancer, etc. Teckro is currently used around the world on trials for lifesaving medicines.
As a Senior Back End Software Engineer you will be responsible for design, implementation and testing of REST based micro-services applying appropriate principles and design patterns. . You lead by example and write well tested, modular and readable code respecting SOLID principles, object-oriented and functional programming design patterns.
The ideal candidate is at ease with a variety of backend technologies and likes the end-to-end view you can have when building backend API as well as consuming web components. The ideal candidate should be able to design solutions by working with the product team and the Software Engineering Manager.
This role will be remote initially and then based in the Teckro Dublin office reporting to a Software Engineer Manager.
- Excellent programming skills in Java & Scala, with in-depth knowledge of web technologies. Kotlin skills are also desirable.
- Experience with some or all of the following: MySQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Hibernate, Apache, Java, Spring, Jenkins, Git
- Experience creating unit tests and following best practice in software design quality and development
- Experience developing and deploying using appropriate AWS services
- Understanding of software security and designing robust systems
- 8+ years hands-on software development experience
- Ideally can present a portfolio of excellent front-end designs and implementations
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree in an appropriate field (Web design, Engineering, Computer Science, Science)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working in international/multi-site environments
- Experience working in early-stage technology companies
- Experience working in a regulated industry an advantage