Fishbrain: Senior Backend for Social Network at Fishbrain (Stockholm, Sweden) (Stockholm, Sweden)
Posted: Feb 22, 2019
Fishbrain is the next generation social network focused on sport fishing, the world's most popular hobby. Our platform deals with millions of data from anglers contributing to the community on a daily basis. We recently raised our Series B funding, with investors such as B Capital Group and SoftBank Korea.
Fishbrain's platform team designs, implements and maintains scalable software architectures that are at the heart of our technology. The team moves fast and plays a pivotal role in ensuring the quality of the backend systems that power our Android and iOS apps.
- Design, build and deploy highly scalable software systems (including microservices) written in Ruby on Rails and Golang (with a touch of Elixir, Python and Rust).
- Produce, maintain and run high quality software in a devops environment. We also have an on-call rotation for those interested in taking part in the action. Most of our code is deployed as Docker containers hosted on AWS. Our infrastructure is all in Terraform.
- Be a part of a cross-functional team to define, design and ship new features. We currently have four different teams; Social, Utility, Growth and Commerce. They are independent and own their own work as well as planning and process. Each team consists of a couple of client developers, backend developers, a UI/UX designer and a PO/PM.
Skills & Wish list
- Bachelor's degree and/or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience and at least 3-5 years work experience.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns and complexity analysis.
- Fluency in a dynamic OOP language, such as Ruby or Python.
- Experience with databases, operating system internals, networking and file systems are a plus.
- You're smart, get stuff done, have great energy and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.