Senior Brand and Print Designer
Posted: Sep 13, 2022
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a full-time, multi-disciplined, studio-based Senior Designer with a strong background in brand and print design to join the team at our St Leonards studio imminently.
Who we are:
Playne Design is a busy, dynamic, award-winning boutique design agency founded by Clare Playne. We are a friendly, approachable, tight-knit team with a shared vision for creating groundbreaking commercially effective work. We pride ourselves on our consistently high creative standards. Playne Design's main studio is bright and airy and overlooks the sea in the architecturally recognised art deco building Marine Court in St Leonards on Sea. Our clients vary from Arts and Culture through to Tech and Public Sectors. Broadly speaking, our values and direction can be summarised as follows:
- We create new brands and help growing brands grow.
- We create ideas that communicate in print, on screen and in the environment.
- Our ideas are always on point and effective.
- We transform perceptions, achieving design solutions that make a real difference to the way we communicate creatively, culturally and commercially.
As a Senior Brand and Print Designer, your primary role is to develop and artwork all levels of multiple brand and print projects, using your experience and creativity to enhance the high standard of work we already achieve at Playne Design. We need you to hit the ground running within our processes while bringing your own experience, initiative, competence and creativity into the studio.
As Playne Design is a small team, we are looking for someone who will go above and beyond just being a designer. As a cross-functional team we take part in the daily running of the studio, so walking the studio dog and doing a milk run isn't out of scope alongside producing excellent creative, client-pleasing, commercially effective design.
You are able to:
- Create and develop concepts that challenge boundaries;
- Bring a strong creative viewpoint to the team;
- Direct creative work, give constructive guidance and direction to the designers working with you;
- Implement strong design;
- Articulate ideas confidently;
- Present work to clients and multiple stakeholders;
- Present new business pitches;
- Formulate strategies from client briefs and apply them to creative work;
- Produce artwork ready for hand-off to external stakeholders;
- Work proficiently with Adobe Creative Suite and other contemporary tools;
- Have strong layout and typographic skills;
- Be proactive, show initiative to self-manage and undertake project work;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills for liaison with clients and the team;
- Show evidence of good management skills;
- Plan and implement workflow;
- Work as part of a team;
- Work to tight deadlines.
You will need to:
- have a level of experience which enables you to take the reins when the Creative Director is away from the studio;
- be capable of running and collaborating with a team and helping to plan and manage workflow;
- take ownership of projects and be accountable and responsive;
- have excellent client facing skills;
- be ambitious both personally and for Playne Design;
- be collaborative, personable and adaptable;
- be a highly creative and strategic thinker who can solve complex problems and craft beautiful solutions;
- have a strong commercial awareness and understanding of budgets and deadlines;
- have a good design qualification;
- both support the team and create impact by challenging thinking where appropriate.
How to submit:
If you feel you would be a good fit, please send your CV and Portfolio (less than 10MB in size) and a short cover letter that lets us know about you, why you think you would be a good fit for the role and what you would bring to the team. You can submit this via the link below to The?Dots or [email protected] Please apply by 16.00 Wednesday 5 October. We will contact shortlisted applicants throughout the hiring period. Every applicant will receive a response.
We look forward to meeting you!
This is a studio-based role and you must be able to commute to St Leonards on Sea. The hours are 09.00-18.00, Mon-Fri.