Deloitte: Senior Creative UI/UX Designer at Deloitte (Boston, MA) (Boston, MA)
Posted: Jul 11, 2019
While analytics isn't new, we're experiencing a renaissance in the science, technology, and application of business analytics today, which makes it hard to keep up. Many business leaders are now facing the dilemma of how best to quickly get up to speed on what analytics can actually deliver in practice. That’s where the Insight Studio comes in.
Work you’ll do
We are looking for skilled individuals to lead multidisciplinary teams of designers, data scientists and technologists to help our clients transform their businesses through the power of applied analytics by executing the following:
- Help to create and deliver User Experience strategy for large, complex analytics programs and engagements
- Work with multi-disciplinary team of designers, data scientist, technologists and business experts in a way that leads to measurable business impact
- Lead the synthesis of multiple work streams into a coherent and powerful narrative about applied analytics and design and its role in transforming businesses
- Direct and produce tangible outputs at different stages of the design process
- Scope and write proposals for new client engagements,
- Work side-by-side with account team leaders to discuss and implement changes to project and account dynamics and strategy, and to identify new business opportunities
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence, embracing decision making with clear, data-driven choices that deliver enterprise value in a dynamic business environment.
As the premier data-powered and platform-enabled cognitive consultancy, we help clients achieve competitive advantage through data and cognitive powered transformations that promote enterprise intelligence, autonomous processes, and precision stakeholder engagement
The Analytics & Cognitive team leverages the power of data, analytics, robotics, science and cognitive technologies to uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data, generate insights, and inform decision-making. Together with the Strategy practice, our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients transform their business by architecting organizational intelligence programs and differentiated strategies to win in their chosen markets.
Position available in Boston, MA, McLean, VA and Chicago, IL
- A Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of front end design experience at a design strategy consultancy or other professional services environment in an innovation/digital role
- Portfolio of in-market examples of successful user interface design, focused on web or mobile.
- Experience with executing large scale, user experience visualization engagements
- Experience with full design life cycle setting up, deconstruct, and execute large scale user experience visualization engagement
- Expertise in designing interactive user interfaces and web interface details for various mobile and interactive platforms
- Demonstrated experience using HTML5, CSS, and Adobe CS tools.
- Ability to work well in teams while independently managing all of the design components related to a given project.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both written and verbal.
- Strong and creative problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- 70-100% travel
- Experience designing interfaces for wearable technology.
- Experience in animation and videography.
- Experience in data visualization using Tableau or a comparable BI tool.
- Experience with Spotfire, Qlikview, D3, R, SPSS, SAS.
- Graduate degree with a major in Human Computer Interaction or a closely-related design field.
- A passion and curiosity for learning about the world, human behavior, and the motivations that lie beneath the surface to create solutions that transform business outcomes.
- Great attention to detail and a passion for experimenting with new ways of improving experiences for our clients and our teams
- Desire to build client relationships
- Interest in collaborating and working on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated experience as a client-facing advisor at both the c-suite and business owner level
- A passion for and working knowledge of the design and innovation process
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.